Summary: Responsible for R&D packaging design, development and flawless execution, focusing on technology advancements to drive top line growth and drive bottom line revenue. Provides strategic direction as it relates to emerging packaging technologies that align with and accelerate growth and cost optimizing initiatives. Supports cross-functional project teams to identify and implement innovative packaging designs and processes. Develops scalable, platform-able packaging solutions. Leverages strategic partnerships to identify new spaces for exploration.
Job Dutiesinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Responsible for proactively driving front end innovation/renovation development efforts to enable competitive advantage
- Renovates existing pack types to better meet the needs of customers
- Leverages external network to support Open Innovation in technology scouting for novel applications and opportunities.
- Identifies strategic packaging technology suppliers to ensure partnerships are developed and supplier innovation activities are aligned with company innovation needs
- Develops, tests, reviews, and recommends proposals for packaging/equipment designs by translating needs of business into work plans, anticipating risks and incorporating mitigation strategies, and developing succinct communications for senior leaders
- Supports plant activities by providing packaging machine operator expertise and conducting packaging trials as required
- Supports cross-functional development teams to integrate packaging innovation into front end platforms.
- Provides technical analyses, develop alternatives (cost estimates, feasibility, specifications and interpretation of requirements) and prepare recommendations, as required
- Acts as a strategic business partner to ensure connectivity with category innovation teams relating to packaging specific initiatives and approach
- Assists in leveraging external network to support Open Innovation in technology scouting
- Converts research findings into BRF appropriate business opportunities
- Collaborates with supplier and external organizations to identify strategic and cost savings platform
- Leads scale up of packaging innovation and cost optimization initiatives by working closely with cross functional team members
- Leads and manages packaging platforms and possess
- Implements packaging specification creation and updating with attention to detail
Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor#39;s degree (B.A./B.S.) in Packaging Engineering or Packaging Science and
- 7 or more years related experience in consumer packaging design and development experience as well cost-optimized packaging within the CPG, pharmaceutical, or cosmetic industries
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to harness strategic thinking to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of packaging to include; different materials, equipment and processes
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, ambiguous work environment
- Ability to prioritize against business initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners
- Ability to deal with risk
- Demonstrated capability to innovate
- Results driven with strong business acumen
- Global mindset with consumer focus
- Excellent presentation skills and written, verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate/explore ideas with others, as well as being able to facilitate the innovation process and internal ideation workshops
- Ability to apply scientific principles to new situations with a high degree of autonomy
- Ability to prioritize between variety of business initiatives
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office, and packaging palletization programs; CORES and Tops. Previous SAP knowledge is preferred.