At Johnsonville, we use our business to build our people. If you#39;re passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand enjoyed in 45 countries. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, our company is 2,000 members strong and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Packaging Department Member
Why This Is A Great Job For A Person Who Accepts Nothing Less Than Personal Greatness:
Your contribution will ensure that Johnsonville products are of the highest quality and meet our defined standards of safety. There is unlimited opportunity for growth as you become an active contributor to the Packaging department and assist your team in the quest for continual improvement. As a valued member in this department, you will help make Johnsonville great by adding value through items other than sausage.
The Packaging department is responsible for the production of several different products, including items used in the medical community. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining compliance within product specifications. By working safely and interacting with other members, you will help promote innovation and problem solving. This position will involve further processing materials from the animal into usable products.
- Perform or learn several job functions within packaging and other departments.
- Maintain all applicable Good Manufacturing Practices and policies.
- Notify team leaders and/or maintenance of problems.
- Use knives and whiz knives in a safe and efficient manner.
- Perform all job skills in a safe and precise manner.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to take on future learning opportunities.
Skills and Competencies:
- Bilingual (Spanish) highly preferred.
- Ability to perform responsibilities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Attention to details.
- Decision making.
- TEMPERATURE - Will be exposed to wide variations in temperature.
- Ability to work with inside conditions that include exposure to moderate noise levels, moderate odor, and presence of animal blood.
- Ability to fill/lift/carry 30-50 lb. boxes repeatedly.
- Ability to push/pull loin carts and rib racks
1 position: 1st shift 6:30am- 4:30pm (Overtime as production demands)
1 position: 1st shift 9:00am-6:00pm (overtime as production demands)
How to Apply:
External Members: Apply at jobs.johnsonville.com
We value the diversity of our workforce and we embrace the principles of Equal Opportunity Employment. M/F/Vet/Disability
Johnsonville values the service Veterans and their family members have given to our country. We support the hiring of returning service members and military spouses.