Hostess Brands LLC is one of the largest packaged food companies focused on developing, manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing fresh baked sweet goods in the United States. The brand#39;s history dates back to 1919, when the Hostess CupCake was introduced to the public, followed by Twinkies® in 1930. Today, Hostess produces a variety of new and classic treats including Ding Dongs®, Ho Hos®, Donettes® and Fruit Pies, in addition to Twinkies® and CupCakes. Hostess Brands also represents the Dolly Madison, Voortman, Big Texas, and Clover Hill brands.
This individual will be responsible to support Hostess Brands#39; organization in the area of Packaging within the R&D Team. The Packaging Engineer will manage multiple projects of various degrees of difficulty and will contribute to portions of more complex technical projects as part of a larger team. Will be responsible for planning and conducting tests, analyzing and evaluating the data, and formulating conclusions to accomplish department goals.
- Manage assigned packaging development projects
- Identify potential cost savings opportunities, including validation and implementation requirements.
- Identify efficiencies through package design and pallet cube optimization.
- Validate packaging performance through R&D lab testing and plant line trials
- Assure packaging readiness for production, distribution and shelf life requirements
- Gather packaging specifications and manage database for storage and maintenance
- Create organize and maintain pallet patterns via TOPS software
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners for identification of packaging solutions through to successful commercialization
- Troubleshoot existing packaging as needed, recommending technical solutions
- Coordinate packaging samples for internal and external needs as required
- Conduct product ship testing, with data-driven recommendations through detailed reporting
- Support packaging equipment selection efforts to meet end-need state.
- BS Degree in Packaging Science or related field required
- MS Degree preferred
- 3-5 years hands on relevant experience with packaging development and testing
- Previous experience in Food or CPG industry preferred
- Experience with multi-plant manufacturer preferred
- Working knowledge of CAPE or TOPS palletization software
- Manage multiple projects and timelines
- Effective communication with cross functional teams and management
- Analytical thinker, demonstrating ability to make fact-based decisions
- Ability to analyze technical packaging drawings and specifications
- Travel up to 30%