The Blount family has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
Summary: Blount is seeking a specialized project manager to successfully coordinate the development of new products and management of existing products for our growing line of Blount brands (additional projects may be assigned, as needed). This role will report to the Sr Director of Research & Commercialization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Owned Brands Project Manager will see products from ideation through commercialization, as well as product maintenance and renovation.
- They will work with Research & Development (Culinary and Technical Services), Marketing, Sales, Commercialization, Co-pack Partners, and other various support staff.
- A successful Project Manager must be an efficient multi-tasker, extremely organized, computer literate, a superb communicator, and able to work both independently and within a team environment. They will be responsible for driving timelines and ensuring the successful launch of products as well as managing products throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Innovation and Ideation
- Participate in internal and 3rd party innovation and development initiatives including brand, product, and marketing focus.
- Utilize Marketing team and Sales Analyst for data and research to assess and refine ideas
- Seek approval for all projects prior to Product Development
- Compile business cases for new projects
- Evaluate investment of each new product including new ingredients and expected inventories
- Product Development
- Assist R&D in development utilizing market data and brand focus
- Set project scope and goals
- Review product formulas and estimate pricing and ingredient issues
- Launch projects through internal project management system
- Coordinate team members and tasks
- Accompany Chef(s) at product samplings
- Review projects with all stakeholders and redirect changing priorities
- Communicate all project details to appropriate team members and upper management, as requested
- Utilize software to maximize efficiency and communication
- Form and navigate timelines associated with all projects
- Assist in developing packaging, specifications, and labeling
- Coordinate test production and initial inventories in various facilities
- Assist Marketing in supplying product information to support Sales team
- Product Management
- Assist in managing all product changes, including recipes, packaging, specs, etc.
- Facilitate product evaluations for production and cost improvements
- Evaluate all products on a periodic basis for labeling, specification, and packaging upgrades
- Research and analyze new ingredients with R&D, procurement, QA, and other teams
- Coordinate testing and approval of processing changes, as needed
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science and/or Business from a four-year college or three years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Candidates must have strong math and computer skills.
- Packaging and/or product development experience is desired.
- Must be extremely organized, detail oriented, and highly collaborative.
We offer: Medical, dental and vision benefits; 401k with company match; Paid time off including vacation, sick time, and holidays; Education Assistance Program; Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability, discounts on products at our company store.
Bachelors or better in Engineering or related field.
Attention to Detail
3 year: Project Management