Schwans Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron, Tonys, Big Daddys, Villa Prima and Freschetta pizza; Mrs. Smiths and Edwards desserts; and Pagoda Asian-style snacks. To learn more about Schwans, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
We are hiring a Material Handler in Charlotte NC. This position under general supervision is responsible for successfully moving materials supplies and finished goods through the facility which includes unloading frozen food product from semis into warehouse freezers and loading frozen food from warehouse freezers into delivery trucks.
What you will get from us:
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled
- Competitive wages, incentive pay and a comprehensive package of benefits
- Moves materials and supplies through the facility. May require the use of material handling equipment such as carts conveyer belts and pallet jacks
- Stacks skids or pallets in designated areas. Cleans and disposes of scrap bracing cardboard and strapping. Places items in proper containers or designated areas
- Uses tools such as hammers and crowbars to remove strapping open crates strap cars
- Uses lists to determine and count quantities of product moving throughout the facility
- Completes paperwork to properly document work performed. May require the use of a computer on occasion
- Conducts intermediate material audits
- Other duties as assigned (such as general maintenance work around the facility and processing of load sheets)
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates (if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with company mission values code of ethics policies and other standards of conduct
Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
Years of Related Experience: 0-2 years related experience.
- Intermediate communication skills (both written and verbal); Basic math and reading skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to work in freezers with subzero temperatures for 4-8 hours per day
- Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours per day; In some geographies must be able to work in various outdoor conditions
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan's Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.