Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
The quality control technicians will be responsible for observing and documenting the process controls for all processes and products. It is important to have controls within the process to consistently produce products that are within specification for the success of our business. There will be a quality assurance technician on each shift completing process audits, inspecting ingredients, as well as ensuring that GMP#39;s are followed. The position will require good communication skills to explain issues to supervisors on the shift as well as to your manager. The Laboratory technicians will be vital to the control of our ingredient and finished goods inbound verification program. They will be responsible for sampling and inspecting all inbound loads, testing, and communicating all results. With all of the issues that we have regarding variability this position will ensure that we provide operations with all the information possible to proactively produce using all ingredients. The position will be a trainable position for candidates who are technically minded. There will not be any design of experiments, but will be required to follow detailed policies and procedures. The technician will need to be able to maneuver within database type programs to enter results and release products. The equipment is purchased so the resources to run the testing are also much needed for the success of the program.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to be flexible to accommodate schedule changes and production requirements.
- Must work as a TEAM with all other supervisors and managers while being able to communicate and confront issues
- Must be able to work and succeed in a fast paced environment and adapt to change
- Must be willing to submit to drug testing after any incident involving injury and/or equipment
- Must be able to read and write English
- Must have basic computer skills including email, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred, but not required
- Sampling of all inbound ingredients
- Conduct all in-house testing of all raw materials and finished products
- Prepares and measures all product evaluation samples
- Prepares samples for quarterly gluten testing
- Environmental swabs as needed
- Sample management
- Inputs results into BPCS system
- Maintain lab supplies and equipment
- Aware of food safety risks and escalates found risks to lead/supervisor.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
In the absence of the Quality Assurance Laboratory Technician, the above duties will be completed by the Quality Assurance Coordinator.
- Technical and attention to detail
- Complete all tasks and documents on time and accurately
- Be assertive and confident when an issue arises
- Have an unbiased relationship with all supervisors, employees and management
- Comply with and enforce all policies, procedures, and practices
- Perform verification/ calibration procedures
- Preform HACCP Verifications
- Preform Total Bread Quality
- Preform Online Printer Verification
- Perform Case Count Verification
- Perform Product Evaluation
- Perform GMP/Food Safety Audits
- Perform Pre-Operational Inspections of manufacturing lines
- Other tasks as required
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of food, science or laboratory experience
- Computer skills are a must
- Technical and attention to detail
Rate of pay: $16.00/hour + $2.00/ hour Shift Differential.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.