Mizkan Americas, Inc.
Day Shift VINEGAR/WINE PROCESSOR OPERATOR
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt hourly
Mizkan America offers a SIGN-ON BONUS, quarterly bonuses and comprehensive benefits package: Medical - Dental - Vision - Paid Time Off - Disability - Life and AD&D - 401k With Match - Profit Sharing - Health & Flex Spending Accounts - Employee Assistance Program - Wellness Program - Fitness Reimbursement - Education Assistance - Employee Referral Bonus
COMMENTS: Mizkan America has an immediate opening in its Bulk vinegar plant in Shively, KY for a day shift Vinegar/Wine Processor Operator. Mizkan is the leading producer of vinegar for uses in food products and cleaning in the US. This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: The Vinegar/Wine Processor Operator is responsible for producing and moving liquid mixes in a safe and sanitary manner utilizing pumps, hoses, piping, etc. in order to meet production and shipping schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review production schedule to determine quantity and type of vinegar to produce.
- Initiate startup, preparing equipment and materials, monitor and shutdown each phase of batch operation.
• Make routine field inspections of the tanks, pump meters, valves, lines and motors to ensure that all systems in the process are in working order.
• Troubleshoot abnormal conditions and notify appropriate personnel as situation dictates.
- Monitor production processes through system, determine problems and make adjustments to maintain desired operating conditions.
- Conduct periodic laboratory analysis to monitor processes and log results.
- Conduct cleaning procedures inside and outside of tanks and all work areas.
- Receive raw materials, test samples and unload/load liquid bulk shipments.
- Complete production reports and certificates of analysis.
- Monitor weekly inventories of raw materials and finished product.
- Participate in month end cycle counts.
- Overtime availability required (daily and rotating weekends).
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Responsible for food product quality and safety.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School Diploma preferred.
- Fluid handling or plumbing experience preferred.
- Use calculator, hoist, intoxilyzer, titrator, agitator, spectrophotometer, personal computer, fork lift and hand tools.
- Perform calculations and maintain accurate records of activities.
- Must be able to work without close supervision.
- Must be able to climb ladders and handle heights.
- Must be able to perform on call duty on any shift and work overtime, on short notice basis. Long-term, temporary assignments to any shift any shift may be required to maintain manufacturing processes.
- Continuous standing, walking and reaching.
- Intermittent crouching/stooping, pushing/pulling, bending and lifting/lowering.
- Frequent lifting of over 50 pounds without assistance, or up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to work in a continuously hot environment.
- Must be able to work full time on an ongoing basis.
- Duties are performed with some exposure to noise, lubricants and chemicals. May also work in area that are confined, dusty, and dirty or require personal protective equipment.