ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery, Otis Spunkmeyer, and Oakrun Farm Bakery. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Responsible for the receipt, shipment, and movement of raw materials and finished goods within the plant warehouse and production, utilizing material handling equipment (Overnight/Third Shift)
Theoperator performs duties related to the receipt, shipment, and movement of raw materials and finished goods within the plant warehouse and production, utilizing material handling equipment. Assists Warehouse Supervisor in all related activity required to operate Warehouse and Production areas.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Interpersonal Conducts themselves in a manner that promotes teamwork within the warehouse and all related Production, Sanitation and Quality Assurance areas.
- Technical Skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service Understands the importance of their role in delivering a quality product to our customers.
- Team Work - Gives and welcomes feedback. Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
- Quality Works accurately
- Ethics - Works with integrity and ethically.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Adheres to company guidelines for absenteeism and tardiness.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures. Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, decimals, and fractions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- At least one year of deep reach forklift experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid operating license for operating a forklift.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Oral Communication Able to communicate in English between fellow members of warehouse and plant team.
- Written Communication Reads and writes clearly in English and fills out all company documents according to company guidelines.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic knowledge related to operating computer.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand and walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel equipment controls and materials. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend and stoop. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the aid of a co-worker. The employee is expected to occasionally push/pull manual forklifts and other equipment. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required.
- This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to subordinates, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme cold (non-weather) conditions and to rapid changes in temperature, and occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.