ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery, Otis Spunkmeyer, and Oakrun Farm Bakery. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The Material Handler is responsible for operating material handling equipment for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking and counting merchandise. TheMaterial Handleris accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform order filler or order checker duties in addition to his or her own.
Load, unload, move, stack and stage product and materials using a forklift, clamp, push-pull or other powered equipment. Position also requires the use of RF equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Basic reading, writing and math skills
- Good communication skills (verbal & written); bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
- Hard working, dependable, safety conscious and team oriented.
- Operating forklift and other industrial equipment as necessary
- This position requires OSHA certification and forklift recertification every 3 years
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work standing or walking for long periods of time
- Work bending and squatting
- Able to make logical decisions
- Work in cold refrigerated and frozen conditions
- Must be able to work in freezer environment at -10 deg for extended period of time
ARYZTA is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.