Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 13 bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Ensures the ingredients are prepared and scaled specifically to the product s recipe.
The Operator 1, Bakery-Ingredient supports the Lead Mixer and is responsible for scaling out ingredients accurately according to product recipe specifications. Ingredients are then mixed to set parameters of time and temperatures. The uniform dispersion and incorporation of the ingredients will develop into a homogeneous mixture for the targeted characteristics desired for processing the highest quality product standards expected by Aspire Bakeries.
- Prepare ingredients accurately as specified by recipe; feed starters, mother, potatoes, peppers, onions, etc.
- Prepare and mix ingredients to specified mixing time and temperature
- Continually monitor and control temperatures of dough during the mixing process and the final mixing stage of the dough.
- Add ingredients in the order specified by recipe to obtain desired characteristics
- Visually and physically verify the texture of the dough to assure targeted texture characteristics.
- Monitor and control efficiency of Rheon Line to assure that dough mixes do not exceed the capacity of the Rheon Line.
- Continually monitor and control ingredient inventory control.
- Assure that all ingredients are used as per the pick list
- Assure that lot numbers on pick list match those provided
- Assure that data entry is entered accurately and on time (MOVEX)
- Assure that refrigerated ingredients are maintained in the coolers.
- Assure when specifications allow reuse of waste dough from the Rheon Line that it is incorporated back into the dough mixes by percentages allowed.
- Assure the weight scales are functioning accurately.
- Document mixing data accurately and timely.
- Maintain mixing equipment clean and sanitize.
- Identified batch containers accurately and weigh as required.
- Maintain coolers organized, clean; assure ingredients in coolers are identified.
- Maintain mixing and ingredient areas organized and clean.
- Lift and dump 50 lbs. flour bags consistently for short periods of times.
- Monitor that starter on floor does not exceed use time.
- Assure mixing documents are completed at the end of the shift and placed in their designated place.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings on time.
- Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- Ability to understand and follow recipe
- Ability to understand and operate mixing process controls and makes adjustment when necessary.
- Basic knowledge of dough mixing and operating mixing equipment
- Ability to comprehend scale and temperature readouts
- Ability to document mixing and ingredients data accurately and timely
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Math Ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define and solve problems.
- At least 6 months as an operator
- Ability to write clearly and legibly and possess basic effective verbal and written skills in English.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have the ability to work with computers and operating screens.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is regularly exposed to extreme hot (non-weather) conditions and to changes in temperature, and occasionally exposed to hot or humid conditions (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position requires the employee to stand for extended periods of time, have manual dexterity/use of hands and fingers, have the ability to reach with arms and hands, and have the ability to work in an enclosed environment. This position requires the employee to lift and dump up to 50 pounds.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.