Performs a combination of production tasks in the processing, filler, unloader, retort, loader, labeler, casepacker and pal/depal production areas as assigned. Technicians are responsible for safety, operational efficiencies, quality standards, preventive maintenance, sanitation, and administrative support. Each technician will have a development plan, and successfully cross train and demonstrate competency in at least three job functions. Technicians perform and participate in a team environment where shared responsibilities, problem solving, team goals, and continuous improvement of the overall process are essential responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures safe operations through adherence to Environmental, Health, and Safety programs and procedures.
- Ensures operational efficiencies: Loading raw materials, positioning work, setting up jobs, adjusting and operating equipment for proper functions and manufacture of product.
- Maintains process control by monitoring statistical information and reporting variations to Team Leader or Quality Assurance Manager.
- Performs Quality monitoring of activities to ensure all documentation is complete and accurate.
- Daily cleaning of task area, keeping work area free of clutter. During CIP (Clean in Place) all technicians are responsible for detailed cleaning in their task areas. Strict adherence to housekeeping and plant Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) is mandatory.
- Inspect all equipment as required and complete required preventative maintenance on assigned task area and turn in completed documentation.
- Identify mechanical issues, symptom recognition, list probable faulty functions; failure analysis should not take more than 5 minutes before calling maintenance.
- Participate in task meetings; suggest changes in work tasks and use of equipment to increase efficiencies.
- Function as an engaged employee who is active in the site#39;s continuous improvement efforts.
- May operate forklift truck or powered hand truck to place raw materials or remove finished product to trailers, if other than your assigned task.
- Follow all DFA GMP#39;s and work in a manner consistent with all corporate and regulatory, food safety, quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Perform all assignments determined necessary by the Production Lead, Supervisor, or Manager to ensure team success.