Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
3rdshift position 10pm-6:30am must work weekends
Directly supervise and coordinate the activities of employees to produce the product according to schedule.
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in operating a variety of machines to manufacture and pack bread products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
- Coordinates and plans weekly production schedule in conjunction with the Materials Management department based on master scheduling and inventory policies set for each Stock Keeping Unit (SKU).
- Completes weekly employee schedule based on the production schedule.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedule.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- In conjunction with quality assurance staff, inspects and measures products to verify conformance to specifications. Trains employees to identify product that does not meet specifications and ensure it is not shipped.
- Directs employees in adjusting machines, equipment and work processes to ensure product specifications are met.
- Troubleshoots product quality issues.
- Develops, recommends and implements changes in working conditions and use of equipment to improve production methods, equipment performance and efficiency, employee performance and product quality.
- Resolves worker issues or submits unsettled issues to Human Resources department for action.
- Maintains clean and organized work area.
- Develops capital equipment justifications for machine tools and process technology to improve quality, cost and cycle times.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Documents line inefficiencies and down-time to identify issues. Works in conjunction with others to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Completes duties, and ensures that subordinates complete their duties, in accordance with quality assurance, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
- Participates as an active member of production management team.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
- Supervisory Responsibilities- Manages up to 70employees in the Production, Packaging and Bagging departments. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Count and record finished and rejected wrapped items
- Inspect and remove defective products and packaging materials
- Observe machine operators to ensure quality and conformity of wrapped products are to standard
- Insure regulation of machine flow, speed and temperatures
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Project Management - Completes projects on time and on budget.
- Technical Skills - Shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service - Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; remains open to others' ideas and tries new ideas; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; recognizes accomplishments of other team members
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; provides recognition for results.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Managing People - Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; continually works to improve supervisory skills.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically.
- Diversity - Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; generates suggestions for improving work.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three years of related bakery or food manufacturing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Math Ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to interpret graphs and diagrams.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- At least two years of experience working at a bakery operation
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as production schedules, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees or colleagues in organization.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Word word processing software, Excel spreadsheet software and Outlook email software. Knowledge of inventory control and manufacturing software helpful.
- Working knowledge of Spanish preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk; and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to staff, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather), and to rapid
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.