The vision of SunOpta is to be the most innovated, vertically integrated provider of organic ingredients and healthy food solutions.
Shift Production Lead
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential problems/projects/improvements which will maximize production efficiencies and reduce downtime
- Accurately complete all assigned reports and/or forms
- Ability to breakdown recipes and convertgallons to pounds and pounds to kilograms with the assistance of a calculator
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales
- Ability to operate PLC controlled equipment
- Accurately account for incoming raw materials and record their usage
- Add ingredients to mixing tank and transfer them to the holding tank and then to the evaporator
- Record lot codes for raw materials used for quality assurance
- Follow recipes per SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Follow company GMP#39;s (good manufacturingpractices) and all other quality programs as they relate to the production department
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision and as a member of a team
- Wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) when required
- Responsible for ensuring work area is clean and organized
- Strictly adhere to all Safety policies (i.e. Lock Out Tag Out, Machine Guarding, etc.)
- Committed to ensuring that the products produced meet all food safety and quality requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Oral Communication
-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions and provides clear answers.
- Written Communication
-Presents numerical data effectively in reports.
-Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support
-Follows policies and procedures; supports organization#39;s goals and values; respects diversity.
-Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
-Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Dependability -
Always on time and a history of good work attendance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must possess High school diploma or equivalent.
Basic math skills
- Pre-Employment Tests:
The candidate with be subjected to pre-employment criminal background Other skill-related tests may be required.
Experience with PC and PLC driven components and forklift.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A 40 hour work week will be considered normal. Extra hours, off hours, and extra work days may be required to accommodate new projects, process development, and other special situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally sit; talk or hear; lean, crouch, stoop, kneel, or crawl; lift, push, pull and/or move up to 100 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, grasp; reach with hands and arms; climb up and down ladders or stairs. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but the employee will be exposed to loud industrial equipment and machinery when performing job responsibilities. The employee in this position will be required to wear hearing protection or other safety equipment as required.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER