Our manufacturing client is looking to hire an Operations Manager in their Waterloo, IA location. This Operations Manager will be responsible for directing all staff, manufacturing operations, master scheduling, and materials movement activities at this company ensuring on-time delivery, safe work practices, quality and productivity. This person will ensure delivery of quality products to customers on a timely basis.
- Responsible for overseeing the manufacturing staff in multiple locations.
- Determine manufacturing staff weekly work schedules, labor requirements, overtime requests and equipment capacity.
- Oversee the movement of materials through the supply chain and the shipment of final products to ensure the timely delivery of parts and products to customers.
- Responsible for shipping, receiving and all material transfer functions as well as trucking activities.
- Establish controls and monitor performance in all areas of manufacturing operations.
- Develop weekly and monthly production plans, maintain weekly and monthly manufacturing reports and make recommendations for improvement.
- Manage the inventory control system, oversee the cycle counting processes for raw materials, finished goods working closely with Accounting to verify accuracy of inventory records.
- Assure products and components from manufacturing operations are meeting quality control standards. Work with the Quality department to comply with ISO 9001, 2008 standards.
- Bachelors degree highly preferred, will consider an Associates (A.A.) degree.
- 7+ years related experience.
- CNC/Welding/Fabrication experience required.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Previous management experience managing numerous direct reports.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and maintenance procedure manuals.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.