Shearer's is a privately held producer, co-manufacturer and distributor of quality snack foods sold under the Shearer’s brand, and other “private labels.” As a matter of fact, Shearers is the number one producer of kettle cooked chips in the world! As the leader in North America, we make private label and co-manufacture salty snacks and are the second largest producer of cookies and crackers. We utilize our manufacturing expertise to serve as a strategic supplier to our partners, who are nationally recognized retail and restaurant brands. So, while you may not be familiar with our name, you likely eat the products we make on a regular basis. With exceptional competence in product development, manufacturing, marketing, and distribution, we continue to realize significant growth in each segment of our business. Headquartered in Massillon, Ohio, we have over 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and distribution sites in North America. You can visit our website at www.Shearers.com .
Operations Manager - Newport, AR
Your seat at the table
Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact from day one? Then we want you! Our Operation Managers produce results through others and help make our facilities run efficiently, supporting our teams to be their best and in producing the highest quality product. As an Operations Manager, you’ll be adept at developing strategies, setting and accomplishing objectives and producing results through others. You'll be able to provide feedback, coaching and motivation to team members.
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and “counted at the table”
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
As a part of our plant leadership team, your day will include
- Enhancing product safety, quality and the safety and satisfaction of your team members
- Evaluating and improving work processes
- Mastering work flow that involves specialized state of the art equipment
- Managing and improving productivity
- Building and maintaining rapport and relationships
What you bring to the table
- Four year degree in a related, business or technical field such as food science, operations management, engineering, or the equivalent in experience.
- 5+ years of experience in production management or supervision, in the food processing industry.
- Significant experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Effective mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient computer skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both salaried professionals and hourly production associates in executing complex, operational programs.
- Ability to work a varied schedule.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
Note: Shearer’s does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Shearer’s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.