Do you have the appetite to Grow Your Magic?
Consumers everywhere are increasingly conscious of the quality of the food they eat. Puratos develops, produces and distributes a unique range of ingredients for bakers, pastry-chefs and chocolatiers who demand the very highest quality.
Founded in Belgium in 1919, Puratos is growing rapidly with over 8500 employees in over 70 countries. Our passion for innovation, pioneering spirit and core values continue to propel our global ambitions. This, coupled with our commitment to our communities, is what makes working at Puratos so magical.
Reporting into the Director, Supply Chain for Puratos USA, the Operations Manager will be a key member of the team and responsible for managing and directing the distribution Operations in our Miami, FL location. This is a non-union facility.
- Manage the receiving, shipping and warehouse functions in an efficient, cost conscious manner
- Plan and monitor cost budgets on a monthly/annual basis
- Maintain inventory schedules and product availability. Ensure that all finished stock is properly identified and rotated. Coordinate the monthly inventory count and timely reconciliation of all discrepancies.
- Direct slotting, inventory control and cycle counting activity within the warehouse
- Develop staff, lead employees and hourly workforce to meet and exceed the standards set for the Miami warehouse operation. Responsible for all performance appraisals and disciplinary actions as they relate to the Puratos Miami warehouse staff.
- Direct and supervise the daily routing, trucking and traffic function. Ensure these areas achieve planned expense levels.
- Provide support to hands on support to team as needed by picking, loading, and unloading
- Set efficiency and quality standards for the warehouse operation. Lead improvement by facilitating work team meetings in the warehouse.
- Ensure all products and processes meet all Puratos and food grade distribution quality standards. Maintain a clean and safe work environment in all warehouse work areas.
- 3+ years of relevant warehouse operations experience
- Inventory count experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize , and make decisions
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Forklift Certification
- AIB Certification
- SQF Certification
- Must be bi-lingual with fluency in English and Spanish
- Bachelor#39;s Degree is a plus
- Food Industry experience is a plus