Everyone loves baked goods—but often, they don’t love us back! We know the health, wellbeing and happiness of your family is essential, which is why O’Doughs bakes a wide variety of healthy and soft, high quality gluten-free products.
O#39;Dough#39;s Canada Inc is hiring for an Operations Manager.
This position will oversee all production lines, supervisors and staff within all shifts to ensure and maximize efficiencies. The incumbent will report directly to the President and coordinate with Supply Chain. Responsible to oversee the overall operation of the plant, production lines, QA and R & D while departmentally managing budgeted expenses.
• Ensures that operations consistently produces outstanding quality products and delivers budgetary targets. Ensure compliance with health and safety codes and policies
• Communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, subordinates and management staff
• Exhibit a positive, enthusiastic attitude committed to a teamwork effort
• Responsible for the overall financial success of the department
• Works with various departmental programs and assumes the lead in planning, production, interdepartmental KPI management, budgeting as well as ensures information technology processes are efficient and effective to fully support the purpose of the operation
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to define project milestones, objectives, requirements and attribute prioritization
• Recruits, selects, trains and coaches staff in Operations
• Actively participate in continuous improvement towards packaging optimization and cost savings • Display working knowledge of technical specifications of raw materials to drive performance to reduce costs and liaison with QA
• Participate in the Operations team efforts to improve finished product quality, as well as working with other departments to drive improved production line efficiencies
• Maintain a close and open communication with the entire organization at the management level and design excel models to ensure a good understanding of the technical constraint and opportunities in order to improve and optimize the future design of products
• Conducts team member meetings to ensure strong communication on company initiatives, goals and objectives
• Assume all duties and responsibilities as assigned by the President
• Role model all health and workplace safety standards and ensures a healthy and safe work environment
Skills and Qualifications
• Post-secondary education.
• Minimum 10 years experience in operations, preferably in the food
• Strong customer service orientation
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Must have a strong understanding of the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
and Regulation and implementation in a manufacturing company
• Forklift license would be an asset
• Sitting and or standing for long periods as required including at a desk, meetings,
tradeshows (FLOOR POSITION)
• Ability to lift up to 20 lbs
• Overtime as required