The J.M. Smucker Company has a unique culture rooted in our Basic Beliefs, strengthened by Our Commitment to Each Other and perpetuated by the creation of an environment that leads to the continued growth of our employees.
Inspired by more than 120 years of business success and five generations of family leadership, The J. M. Smucker Company makes food that people and pets love. The Company#39;s portfolio of 40+ brands, which are found in 90 percent of U.S. homes and countless restaurants, includes iconic products consumers have always loved such as Folgers, Jif and Milk-Bone plus new favorites like Caf Bustelo, Smucker#39;s Uncrustables and Rachael Ray Nutrish. Over the past two decades, the Company has grown rapidly by thoughtfully acquiring leading and emerging brands, while ensuring the business has a positive impact on its 7,000+ employees, the communities it is a part of and the planet. For more information about The J. M. Smucker Company, visit https://jmsmucker.com .
Topeka Director of Operations
Ensure the Topeka Dry Operation of 70 + Technicians, 2 Area Leaders, and 1 Process Engineer meets safety, sanitation, quality, and production needs and standards.
- Manage and develop manufacturing systems that increase productivity, quality and lower costs
- Facilitate, educate, motivate, coach, counsel and guide the manufacturing group to ensure that they have the ability to deliver results
- Develop and implement a process for continuous improvement
- Manage the labor relations issues that impact the operation
- Support HPO vision and work system and develop a plan to move the workforce in the direction of the vision
- Support the Plant Vision and CBN
- Support SQMS Phase two growth
- Help oversee the production scheduling and training functions
- Ensure that essential business information is clearly communicated and understood by all members of operation
- Track recurring downtime issues and drive for resolution at the root cause level
- Work in unison with other functions to ensure that services, goods, materials and ingredients for the operation are delivered in a timely manner
- Provide a credible sounding board and counterbalance to the Plant Manager when exploring and discussing alternatives, concepts, ideas, etc.
- Hold periodic meeting to ensure employees clearly understand the operation vision and results toward goals
- Effectively manage the Operation budget
- Dry Master plan development and implementation
- Analyze Capacity and generate costing for new products and processes
- Develop capability and leadership in leaders
- A Bachelor#39;s degree is required
- At least 7 years of manufacturing experience is required
- Experience in building a high-performance work culture and systems
- Demonstrated experience in balancing the needs of production, product quality, and personnel safety