Operations Manager Bakery Production
Manage overall operations of commercial baking manufacturing operation and work closely with all department managers to direct and manage the day to day operation of the facility. Coordinate the activities of the manufacturing facilities of the plant to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, produced and shipped while safely and effectively utilizing plant capacities, optimizing manufacturing cost, productivity and quality, and successfully managing labor.
This is a salaried position that requires at least 5+ years of experience in the field. Hands-on daily management skills required. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Reports to top management. Directly manages and directs Operational Staff.
- Achieve continuous improvement of operational efficiencies to facilitate on-time production of quality bakery products.
- Responsible for setting the production schedule. Plan production based on balancing seasonal vs everyday orders with projections and safety stock levels.
- Collaborate with purchasing department for raw material management
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes. Develop action plans to address opportunities for improvement.
- Review and analyze production reports to ensure achievement of quality and product cost efficiency goals are met or exceeded.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing and R&D to create new products from samples to new start up
- Implement programs to minimize downtime, set up time and changeover time.
- Maintain accurate reports of inventory of labor hours, cycle counts, production costs, raw materials and finished goods.
- Prepare and present weekly reports to update company management on production operations.
- Oversee periodic training of all personnel to ensure safe and effective practices are being adhered to.
Quality and Safety
- Direct the activities of various department managers to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Work with QA Site Manager & Director Food Safety to ensure Food Safety and SQF standards.
- Oversee the implementation of necessary improvements to programs related to all applicable food safety standards, including FSMA, SQF, etc.
- Ensure that at all times there is a clean and organized manufacturing work environment
- Ensure that training for all production employees regarding acceptable quality levels is maintained and continuously improved.
- Ensure that all federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to workplace safety are adhered to. OSHA, etc.
- Oversee safety training of all personnel to minimize accidents and promote a safety conscious environment.
- Verify that all documentation related to workplace safety is properly executed and maintained.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Approves employee payroll
- Works with Facilities Management Director on any bakery projects and oversees outside contractors on preventive maintenance and repair of plant and equipment
Background & Requirements
- Requires prior experience Operational Management in a food production/processing/packaging company, preferably related to bakery products.
- Planning, scheduling and project management experience required
- Hands-on, team player
- Strong Leadership qualities
- Critical Thinking and Problem solving skills
- Highly Organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions in face paced environment
- Analyze production data
- Experience in ERP/MRP
- Lean Manufacturing Experience a plus
- Excellent process development capabilities
- Sufficient Knowledge of cost accounting principles to understand how product cost are developed
The George DeLallo Company was founded with the ideals of offering true authentic Italian foods with unmatched quality and consistency. The company has maintained a constant presence in the Specialty Food industry for over 60-years and is dedicated to offering the highest quality products on the market today as well as exceptional service. Whether it is found on traditional Italian grocery items such as olive oil, pasta, vinegar, tomatoes, or on our complete line of cured olives and antipasti, the DeLallo label guarantees consumers authenticity, quality, and consistency.
- Full Time position
- Paid vacation or pay in lieu of vacation time; if desired
- Company-issued phone or allowance
- Company apparel
- Verizon Discount
- 25% off DeLallo.com
- Health, dental, and vision coverage available
- Opportunity for accident, hospital, cancer, critical care, short-term disability, term life and whole life coverage
- 401K with company-match
- Growth opportunities for those interested in advancing their career with DeLallo
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer