Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
We are looking for future Perdue leaders to join us! The Perdue Plant/Operations Management Trainee (OMT) program provides college graduates relevant experience to acquire management skills (leadership, teambuilding, interpersonal), technical skills (production management controls, operational processes, and metrics) as well as contribute to the organization through projects to improve production, reduce waste, or the like.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- The 12 month rotational program gives you exposure to various roles within the facilities you are assigned.
- Learn about the various areas of Operations within the industry.
- Travel with your OMT Class to 2-3 Regional Trainings that include classroom training, social activities, andphilanthropy events.
- Hands-on leadership training and a path to a successful career at Perdue!
- Permanent placement in a full time position at the end of the program.
Graduation college is an amazing achievement and Perdue recognizes that top talent is in high demand. Our total offer package includes:
- Competitive Starting Salaries
- Excellent Sign On Bonus
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- Student Loan Repayment Program
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Functions as a salaried member of the management team.
- Acquires knowledge to include administrative functions, manpower reports, disciplinary procedures, budget, production processes and requirements while contributing ideas and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Develops an understanding of the team process using the criteria: establishing common mission/goals of all team members; providing clear role definition of team members; encouraging shared accountabilities; implementing effective team procedures and processes, giving and receiving feedback, problem solving, decision making, employing coaching and effective communications; ensuring team spirit ; and providing recognition for team accomplishments.
- Implements the policies of the Quality Improvement Process with the team/department.
- Monitors the performance of the team to ensure goals are attained and graphs results for display and presentation at briefings and/or meetings.
- Develops self-awareness and consistently applies best practices in communications, emotional intelligence, integrity, and exhibits other Perdue values.
- Rotates through various functions in fresh or cook plants which may include the Hatchery, Feed Mill, Live Production, Live Haul, Wastewater, Accounting, Human Resources, Receiving, Dressing, Evisceration, Giblet Packing, Grading, Cut Up, Stretch Bag, Deboning, 28 Degree Cooler, Box Room, Weight/Price/Label and Shipping departments.
- Completes projects related to cost-reduction or improved performance.
- Attends learning events/activities including on-ground classes, web-based instruction, and e-learning platforms.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university must be completed prior to the beginning of the program (June 2022)
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Ability to work for 8 hours or more in a stationary position or travel on a wet, moist, dry, greasy floors which may include metal or plastic grating surfaces with up to 4 hours in a single interval.
- Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or stairs.
- Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees and 75 degrees with ambient humidity.
- Noise exposure of 110 db, and light intensity range of 50 to 100 foot candles.
- Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, sitting, and grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the maintenance task required. Exposure to chlorinated water (50 ppm, ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant.
- Must use and / or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.