Lead Nestlé USA’s multi-faceted Open Innovation efforts with promising early stage food and technology companies. Strategic areas of focus will include relevant and high potential products, services, and new revenue models that align with and support Nestlé USA’s overall strategy!
Individual will lead development and activation of a multi-year Open Innovation strategy which will be centered on development and execution of new business models for the Nestlé USA business units and functions, with technology as a key enabler. This “outside in” approach to innovation will require a strong foundational understanding of the food and beverage technology ecosystem and entail positive relationships with VCs, Incubators/Accelerators, technology start-ups, and thought leaders to accelerate partnerships and collaborations.
Strategy, Insight, and Ideation
- Provide informed insight, perspectives and strategic support to Nestlé businesses as they seek to understand and act upon trends, products and business models that could be highly impactful or disruptive to Nestlé.
- Collaborate with key partners across multiple functions at Nestlé USA to determine opportunity areas in which emerging digital services and/or tools can support the function. Build strategy that will articulate business model innovation pipeline for next 3-5 years!
Commercialization and In-Market Driver
- Pilot and support scale of new and emerging digitally-enabled food and e-business solutions/ business models that have the potential to drive incremental growth for Nestlé USA based on aforementioned strategy. Develop implementation plans, with concrete activities and success indicators, to deliver against identified strategies.
- Scout, identify, and pilot new digital capabilities in support of driving greater efficiencies and effectiveness in our value chain, including but not exclusively for the Supply Chain, Technical and
Manufacturing, and Sales functions.
- Serve as the key catalyst and connector between Nestlé USA business and external partners (especially startups) that play in the food and food+tech space.
- Develop, manage and lead a cross-functional and active mentorship program for early stage entrepreneurs who seek to co-innovate and partner with Nestlé.
Communications and Culture Enabler
- Become a credible, visible and trusted voice for Nestlé’s USA in the food and food tech innovation space in the food and beverage ecosystem.
- Lead the planning and execution of periodic events, including an annual Open Innovation Symposium, to cultivate relationships with innovation partners (startups and investors) and expose Nestlé USA leaders to new ways of thinking.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- MBA or Master’s degree in Marketing is preferred.
- Experience using data and trends to generate insights to understand consumer behavior is required
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams is required
- Experience developing strategic plans and executing projects end-to-end is required
- Effective collaboration and the ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels. Flexibility and adaptability to the demands and requirements of a fast-paced environment with multiple demands and priorities.
- Consistent track record as a high performer
- Outstanding leadership skills
- Strong General Management acumen
- Minimum 5 years of product management experience
- Experience in Consumer Packaged Goods Industry (CPG) is preferred
KEY FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Strong bias for action and results
- High learning agility – is a fast & keen learner
- Collaborative –innate ability to connect and work with others in driving action with a “1 TEAM” attitude
- Agile – an ability to adapt to change and quickly pivot
- Courage – be brave to challenge the status quo and be proactive with limited information
- Speed – focuses exclusively on value-added work, always looking to cut inefficiencies to drive speed
- Ability to influence others at the highest levels
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong financial acumen