Who are we?
Michigan Milk Producers Association (MMPA), established in 1916, is a member owned and operated dairy cooperative. MMPA serves approximately 1,600 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio. The dairy cooperative, the 10th largest in the U.S., employs approximately 320 people in four states.
MMPA markets nearly 5 billion pounds of milk annually to fluid milk customers and food ingredient manufacturers. MMPA operates two manufacturing plants in Ovid and Constantine, Michigan and a cheese plant in Middlebury, Indiana. Products made at the Michigan plants include butter, ultra-filtered milk, powdered milk, cream and condensed skim milk. These products are sold to a wide range of food manufacturers who make end-use products such as candy, ice cream, pudding, baked goods, cheese and yogurt.
- Contractor Compliance – Provide verbal and written communications to contractors to ensure compliance. Ensure all contractors have a current certification of insurance (COI) on file.
- Vendor Compliance – Maintain plant vendor database and compliance. Conduct annual quality surveys.
- Finished Production – Complete and balance daily production entries, verify production logs for accuracy and daily inventory counts. Report discrepancies to management and properly facilitate product returns and transfers.
- Accounts Payable – Generate PO’s and process invoices for payment. Coordinate with Headquarters on AP/AR. Responsible for plant petty cash.
- Coordinate meeting arrangements and support with any catering, preparation of presentations or other duties as assigned.
- Greet visitors to the plant, answer phones, assist with mail and package delivery and manage any front office support necessary.
- Act as a backup for the HR, which includes payroll processing and employee relations.
- Supports and participates in company activities and functions
- Perform other related duties, as assigned
Education and Work Experience Requirements
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, a self-starter and take great initiative. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel, and HRIS systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, organizational, and planning/implementation skills.
- Ability to research, analyze, and interpret varied data and information.
- Ability to establish, maintain and develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with employees and management
- Aptitude for gaining knowledge
- Shows value for different opinions, shows flexibility to different opinions
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer