Mizkan Americas, Inc.
Location: Lake Alfred, FL
Job Title: PLANT ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Department: Office Administration
Reports To: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: The administrative assistant is responsible for all office administrative tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Data enter various production, receiving, shipping and purchasing records contacting source department to clarify questionable information and correct errors.
- Answer incoming phone calls, take messages and forward to appropriate person.
- Greet visitors and inform employee. Make sure sign in/out log and Food Safety Training Card as required for security purposes. Issue safety equipment as needed.
- Type general correspondence, agendas and reports as requested.
- Open, sort and distribute mail and faxes. Prepare outgoing mail.
- Maintain office files.
- Maintain office supplies, ordering supplies as needed.
- Prepare purchase order requisitions.
- Notify temporary help agency of needed workers. Notify supervisor of temporary helper’s name and hours.
- Assists with payroll processing
- Perform accounts payable and receivable administrative functions.
- Seeks additional work during slow periods.
- Ability to cross train in other areas and successfully complete projects.
- Ability to work tactfully, harmoniously and effectively with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, contractors and/or visitors.
- Keep others informed of important information in a timely manner. Communicate unusual problems, delays, etc. to the appropriate individuals in a timely manner.
- Responsible for food product quality and safety.
- Responsible for keeping work area and other areas of office clean.
- Effectively communicate with other departments regarding statuses on parts and services, as well as updates
- Assist with TTB/Tax Reporting on a timely basis
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma required.
- Excellent Verbal, Written and Math skills required.
- Attention to accuracy, neatness, details required.
- Ability to operate personal computer with proficient working knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Ability to work with others well in a team environment.
- Willing to work under varying circumstances and changes in procedures, operating /customer requirements, etc.