Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Supervises and schedules RNs. Ensure prompt medical treatment for injured and ill employees. To create a work environment which promotes health and safety. Ability to problem solve and deal with difficult situations in a timely manner. Observe and recommend necessary changes to promote a health & safe work environment Administer workers compensation at the location.
- Maintain and adhere to the Occupational Health Services Policy and Procedure Manuals and Medical Evaluation Guidelines
- Perform occupational health services in the provision of supportive or restorative care under physician standing orders
- Provide first aid/emergency care/stabilization for injured/ill team members and secure appropriate transportation as required
- Provide first aid treatment for injuries and illnesses
- Provide nursing care for occupational and non-occupational conditions based upon the Medical Evaluation Guidelines
- Administer over-the-counter and prescription medications as ordered according to Standing Medication Orders and as ordered by a physician
- Schedule and/or perform assessments and testing according to company policy, including but not limited to, health assessments for post-hire, injury/illness, respirator/HazMat surveillance, drug and alcohol testing, and audiometric testing
- Collaborate with other health, safety, production and human resources team members in a comprehensive approach to team member health
- Communicate information regarding work-related injuries and illnesses to the RN Supervisor and/or Medical Case Manager and Third Party Administrator (TPA)
- Assist with maintenance and documentation of workers#39; compensation cases
- Conduct weekly plant walk-throughs to ensure team-member and team-leader compliance with prescribed modified/restricted duty job requirements
- Maintain Occupational Health Services records and reporting systems according to OSHA, State, company, and legal requirements. Records maintained include but are not limited to, post-hire assessments, team member health records, OSHA records, audiometric testing, and individual health surveillance records
- Maintain confidentiality of team member health records according to company policy
- Assist with team member health promotion, education and training programs
- Plan and develop objectives of plant#39;s Health and Safety Services Determine need for further medical treatment of occupational injuries and coordinate treatment
- Recommend preventative and corrective measures
- Order and maintain a supply of personal safety equipment
- Train individuals on wellness programs
- Perform OSHA record keeping
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Prepare reports of medical statistical data
- Maintain records and reports
- Collect accurate accident/illness information
- Associate#39;s degree in a health related field.
- Knowledge of personal computers and proficient in computer related software skills
- Ability to write reports
- Licenses and certifications necessary: RN, CPR/First Aid Instructor(or ability to get certified)
- Minimum academic preparation includes completion of licensed practical accredited school of nursing program and current license to practice as a licensed practical nurse in state of employment.
- Three years experience in the performance of nursing skills required
- Occupational Health Nursing experience, preferred
- Current CPR/First Aid instructor certification preferred
- Communication, problem-solving and organizational skills desired
- Basic computer skills, preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be exposed to a noisy environment that varies from hot to cold in temperature.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.