Dairy MAX is looking for a health & wellness professional who is passionate about leveraging science-based evidence to educate others and drive overall results. This position is responsible for coordination and implementation of our Health & Wellness (H&W) platform, and requires the Communicator to have the ability to develop and maintain relationships with reputational thought leaders in order to demonstrate dairy’s essential role in a healthy lifestyle and sustainable food system. This is a work-from-home opportunity - now and post-pandemic.
Additional objectives for the role include:
- Enhance and protect the image of dairy.
- Provide a positive return on investment to our dairy farm families.
- Collaborate with influential partners to amplify our impact.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Implement strategic relationship plans for health professional organizations to drive measurable results.
- Create and execute relationship plans with select health professional key leaders to drive measurable results.
- Primary stakeholders may include pediatricians, food bank nutrition educators, and select universities in your region.
- Coordinate complex events to drive results including overall logistics and on-site execution.
- Serve as media communicator for designated media markets.
- Lead and/or support 3rd party communication workshops.
- Stay current on nutrition science, knowledge and understanding of key messages on topics areas such sustainable nutrition.
- Present to health professional audiences on nutrition-related topics.
- Serve as an active participant on the Health & Wellness team to drive strategy.
- Collaborate with the School Team to support Fuel Up To Play 60 engagement related to H&W.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in nutrition or related field, registered dietitian nutritionist preferred but not required, and 5+ years of experience in health professional field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to drive results.
- Knowledge of the structure, function and policies of health professional organizations.
- Knowledge of nutrition science concepts and principles to provide and interpret accurate information.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret, communicate, and present current dairy nutrition research and the nutrition impact of dairy foods in maintaining good health, to promote consumption of three servings of dairy products every day to multiple audiences.
- Knowledge of and ability to work with media to deliver approved dairy nutrition key messages to consumers.
- Exemplary relationship building skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency using MS Office programs (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and an aptitude for learning new tech tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team of individuals to help problem-solve and contribute to the work of the group to be successful and effective.
- Ability to present both self and ideas, orally or in writing, using knowledge and the perspective of the audience so that the information is understandable and accepted as credible.
- Ability to manage time and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to educate and impart knowledge about the benefits of dairy foods in the context of a healthy diet.
- Ability and willingness to participate in media training and appear on live television or other channel of communication.
- Ability to prioritize and schedule duties independently in order to meet goals.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some weekends.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis including frequent overnight stays (up to 25%).
- Ability to travel to meeting and exhibit sites, lift up to 50lbs, and set up AV or other displays or equipment.
DAIRY MAX IS A NONPROFIT DAIRY COUNCIL REPRESENTING MORE THAN 900 DAIRY FARM FAMILIES ACROSS EIGHT STATES.
We’re a connected group of experts in dairy farming, education, health and wellness, and business, who are fanatical about the power of dairy. An affiliate of Dairy Management Inc. and National Dairy Council, Dairy MAX was founded in 1995 to represent dairy farmers across Texas, western Oklahoma, New Mexico, southwest Kansas, and Louisiana. In 2018, the former Western Dairy Association – representing farmers across Colorado, Wyoming and Montana since 1936 – became part of the Dairy MAX family.
We regret it is not possible to communicate with candidates except those who most closely match our requirements. Thank you.
Dairy MAX is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, gender, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.