Bel, makers of iconic cheese brands including Babybel, The Laughing Cow, and Boursin, is a growing global company that values your contributions, strives to create a sense of belonging for everyone and offers career growth and development opportunities, as well as competitive total compensation and meaningful well-being benefits from day one. For All, For Good, our company signature, reflects Bel#39;s commitment to sustainability and healthier and responsible food for all. Bel Brands USA has been named Chicago#39;s "101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For" for 10 years in a row. The company is headquartered in Chicago and operates three manufacturing plants in Little Chute, WI, Leitchfield, KY, and Brookings, SD.
Job Description Summary
Role based in Northeastern US (prefer NY, MA or PA). Drive new Foodservice distribution and operator business (Commercial and Non-Commercial) of our culinary and snacking portfolio across the Northeast region by establishing relationships with assigned distributors as well as with key segments of the foodservice channel (C&U, Restaurants, targeted regional/multi-unit chain accounts, GPO#39;s, lodging). Manage broker relationship working closely with Team Lead.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Prospect and establish New Business in the Northeast territory
- Deliver key accounts and Foodservice sales, volume and profit margin targets
- Manage existing accounts and develop new accounts
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients
- Meet with current and prospective clients, maintain effective relationships
- Analyze and evaluate market opportunities by product and current/new major customers
- Gain new distribution in strategic accounts and key regional distributors
- Manage broker relationship to drive distributor and end user customer relationships
- Create differentiating programs for customers to drive distribution (recipes, marketing programs etc.)
- Candidate will need to travel 50% of the time. Ideal candidate will have experience in foodservice channel, either calling on distributors and/or end users directly.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor#39;s Degree - Business or related preferred
- 3 years minimum experience with a CPG company in Sales, Sales Development, Marketing, Operations, Category Manager, or related field
- Prior experience working with key foodservice customers or segments (College & University, Restaurants, GPO, and/or Regional or Multi-Unit Distributors)
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong financial acumen to build profitable business in channel
- Analytical background and experience analyzing sales trends and making thoughtful recommendations
- Strong business acumen and communication skills
- Ability to take thoughtful risks
- Self-motivated and driven to be successful
- While working in the field, this individual needs the characteristics of someone who can be self-motivated and willing to drive their business within the broader scope of the channel
Confidentiality, quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, and thoroughness of work performed; ability to gain the trust and respect of management, coworkers; maintain the integrity of confidential business and product information; ability to communicate effectively and develop good working relationships with other employees is essential to accomplish goals and objectives of the Sales Department.
Working Conditions :
Work is performed largely in a field environment. Hours of work will generally be during regular business hours with at least 40 hours a week. Up to 50% travel required. At times there will be some variation in work hours due to, special projects, deadlines, food shows and other concerns and the Territory Sales Manager must be willing to put in the extra time & efforts to manage expectations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bel Brands is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Bel Brands also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also Bel Brand#39;s policy to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Bel Brands is committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation or assistance in using the website, please call 312-462-1500.
If you think that this job is for you, please click now on the button "Apply".