Rana is an international Company known and present in over 60 countries, leader of fresh pasta in the world with a turnover close to the 1 billion $. Founded by Giovanni Rana in 1962, the company has been led for over 30 years by Gian Luca Rana, Managing director and creator of the internationalization project that has led the Group to become a world leader in the filled pasta, smooth pasta, gnocchi, dishes ready meals and sauces. Unlike the traditional nature of the category to which it belongs, the Rana Group has always made of innovation its strength, both in the technological field (with the registration of dozens of product and process patents) and in communication.
Rana focuses its investments in the following areas: the creation of jobs (doubled in the last five years), the research and development; the continuous search for the best quality through the selection of the top raw materials, with the aim of offering consumers only unique products.
Today Rana has 8 factories (5 in Italy, 1 in Belgium and 2 in the US) and it is a large family of 3,500 people who share the same values. The engines of Rana#39;s development are innovation, internationalization, the enhancement of talents, passion and the constant search for excellence.
Northeast Regional Sales Manager – Foodservice (NY, PA, OH, NJ)
Northeast Regional Sales Manager – Foodservice (NY, PA, OH, NJ).
The Candidate: You are energetic, fun & genuine. You possess polished foodservice leadership skills with strong follow up. You have passion for food and flavor and can motivate individuals to sell your products. You are strategic and creative about how you deliver new business growth while setting the company up for long-term success. You can identify barriers to entry and develop tactics to overcome them. You are executing go-to-market strategies, identifying new opportunities, and taking the Northeast Region to new heights. You are the leader in your category.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages market area sales to achieve target sales goals.
- Maintains and grows current business levels and secures new sales opportunities.
- Develops budget, strategy to manage expenditures and profitability.
- Develops, presents, and implements customer plans that meet sales volume goals and profitability levels by product category and by customer.
- Communicates new products, services, and other developments to existing and potential accounts.
- Establishes and maintains multiple levels of relationships within each customer to identify needs and opportunities as well as to provide selling solutions.
- Manages a network of Food Brokers and direct accounts.
- Provides resale support to customers through advertising, promotion, and other trade spending activities while ensuring adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Develops, communicates, and integrates plans for the execution of Regional and National Chain Account Programs.
- Interfaces with Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance, Production, Quality and Research and Development functions to achieve sales objectives.
- Consults with management and provides timely information and reports on sales activities, issues, trends, market changes, competitive developments, and other critical matters.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- BA or BS degree required.
- 5 years of combined experience in food sales and broker management required.
- Experience selling “center of the plate” frozen specialty foods.
- Creative, aggressive, customer driven, and results oriented.
- Recommended 5 + years culinary experience
- Must possess demonstrated ability to effectively manage, build, and enhance a foodservice territory
- Commitment to excellence and high standards. Commitment to company values.
- Must be professional, honest, trustworthy, and have commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Broad based business knowledge, strategic thinking, good judgment, and accurate risk assessment skills highly desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating indirect staff.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with all levels of management and develop lasting customer relationships.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
- Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to negotiate effective agreements is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Work from home office with convenient access to major airport.
- Ability to travel 50%
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. The employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital, veteran status or sexual orientation, the presence of a non-job-related medical condition or handicap, and any other legally protected status. It is our policy to abide by all Federal, State, and local laws concerning discrimination in employment.