Cooking, weighing, blending, and processing of ingredients using an array of equipment to produce candy fillings. In an effort to support Bindler 24 hour continuous production, this position will be required to assist in the disassembly, cleaning, sanitizing, and reassembly of various kitchen processing parts and equipment including CIP of cream transfer lines and tanks.
- Follow approved formulas, scales and mixes proper ingredients into finished filling for the production lines, follow all GMP s and other plant policies.
- Knowledge of all cooking and mixing equipment.
- Program cooking and mixing units as instructed for each product mix.
- Ensure availability of ingredients per MOA for production run to specific quality standards.
- Mix and cook ingredients to a set temperature, and set steam valves and chilled water valve to maintain consistency of fillings.
- Basic knowledge of tempered chocolate, and quality of fillings in the efforts to reduce x-pack.
- Prepare flavors or other ingredients according to formula and standards.
- Proper labeling and storage of finished product mixes in tubs and drums.
- Put away any unused ingredients.
- Disassemble, properly clean, sanitize and reassemble an array of kitchen processing equipment.
- Maintain home department in a clean and orderly manner.
- Load pigs at end of production shift.
- Prepare mixer report, temperature, and lot number.
- Knowledge of different types of nuts, fats and dairies.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Assure adherence to Food Safety Requirements and Work Instructions.
- Train new employees as required.
- Performs other related duties as requested by leader or supervisor.
- Reports problems regarding food safety to Supervisor or Manager.
Full Time, 1st Shift: 5:00am-1:00pm; 2nd Shift: 1:00pm-9:00pm; 3rd Shift: 9:00pm-5:00am.
Note: Hours may vary based on production schedule; required to work until end of production shift daily; could be scheduled more than 5 days/week, and overtime may be required.
Everyday:Production; Adequate lighting, adequate ventilation, & temperature controlled with AC and heat.
Rarely (once/day): Temperatures (Cold Temps, Hot Temps), Elevated Work Surfaces, Close Quarters/Confined Space, Chemicals (Contact)
Sometimes/2 hours per day: Humid/Wet Conditions, Ingredient Dust, and Mechanical Work
Routinely/4 + Hours Daily: Noise > 85 dBA, Moving Machinery, Airborne Powders
Normal/Corrected Normal Vision, Normal/Corrected Normal Hearing; Twisting of head and neck; Grasping (light and firm); Finger Dexterity (right and left); Repetitive use of hands and feet (right and left); License to operate electric pallet jack after training; Ability to add and subtract three or more digit numbers and to multiply and divide, Able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Very Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or over 50 lbs. of force frequently, and/or greater than 20 lbs. of force constantly to move objects, including the human body. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Heavy work.
*See HR for functional task analysis regarding additional information.
At Least Once Per Day: Lifting 100+ pounds, Sitting, Kneeling
Sometimes/Up to 2 Hours Per Day: Climbing Legs/Arms/Ladders, Balancing, Work on Computer
Frequently/2-4 Hours Per Day: Reaching Above Shoulders
Routinely/4 + Hours Daily: Lifting/Carrying 51-100 pounds, Pushing/Pulling 100+ pounds, Reaching Forward > 22 , Standing, Walking, Climbing Legs Only (Stairs), Bending Over, Twisting, Squatting, Crouching, Reading, Writing
STANDARD PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Hair nets, Hearing Protection, Long Pants, Slip Resistant Shoes/Steel or Composite Toe Shoes, and Nitrile Gloves.
TASK SPECIFIC PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
Rubber Gloves, Safety Glasses, Face Shield, Dust Mask, Rubber Apron, Chemical Protective Work Gloves, and Fall Protection
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Scoop, scraper, scale, utility knife, double handled knife, hammer, screwdriver, wrench, wire cutters, electric pallet jack, drum dolly, drum lift.
REQUIRED EXAM COMPONENTS:
Pre-Assignment: Math Test
Periodic/Annual: HACCP Test, Fork Lift Training, Fork Lift Test, Electric Fork Lift License, Audiometric Test, Chemical Training
- Some mechanical aptitude
- Perform under time pressure
- Make independent decisions
- Variable type of work and job rotation
- Working different shifts (afternoon or night shift)
- Comply with all safety policies, report safety violations, and attend team and safety meetings.
The omission of additional general duties does not prevent the assignment of future additional job tasks if such tasks support the needs of the business and are reasonable for this position.