Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
SUBJECT: JOB OPENING - BAKERY OPERATION
We have the following position available in our Bakery Department:
JOB TITLE: N.O. General Bakeshop Helper
## OF OPENINGS: ONE (1)
HOURS: N.O., but may be required to work other hours as assigned by immediate supervisor. May start as early as 8:00 P.M. (Starting times and hours may vary depending on coverage due to report-offs and the production schedule especially during holidays.)
To include a wide variety of assignments in the Bread and Roll Departments as scheduled by immediate supervisor including but not limited to utility, scaling, sorting, mixing, divider, roll/hearth line operator, oven/proofer, pan stacking, lidding / de-lidding bread pans, packaging set-up and basket stacker. May be required to perform moulder, straightener, slicer, and packager assignments as needed.
Individual must possess mechanical aptitude and will be required to continuously lift up to 50 lbs. This position will be scheduled concurrently with other GBH positions with seniority being the primary basis (but not exclusively) for daily scheduling placement. Rotation on trained positions will be necessary to maintain job qualifications.
- Support and follow all Denver Safety Programs and policies at all times.
- Partner with Operators to meet daily schedule attainment goals.
- Support and follow all Denver Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Quality Programs and Policies; complete required Quality checks and related paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain neat, clean, organized work area (immediate and surrounding); fully support all 5S initiatives.
- Must be able to work and communicate effectively in a team environment. Communicate with Operators on other shifts, as well as Maintenance personnel, Supervisor and other employees to ensure quality information flow in support of DDS and all continuous improvement initiatives.
- Support SAP goals and initiatives.
- Operate a lift truck/powered pallet jack.
- Must support all plant safety, quality, SAP, 5S, and continuous improvement initiatives. This support may include but is not limited to: serving in the role of 5S Leader, actively participating in all audits (i.e. Daily Sweep, Weekly Spot, etc.) and all aspects of team concepts, such as displaying a positive attitude, which are necessary to work collaboratively within a team environment. The person in this position must also perform other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor and/or manager.
- Work Keys Assessments: Applied Math 4 , Graphic Literacy 4
THIS JOB WILL REQUIRE THE SUCCESSFUL BIDDER TO PERFORM BASIC PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE (OAC) ON EQUIPMENT, AS WELL AS OTHER OPERATOR-DRIVEN RELIABILITY (ODR) DUTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CLEANING, INSPECTING, AND LUBRICATING AS ASSIGNED BY SUPERVISOR.
Candidate selection will be based on ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation (as demonstrated by a passing score on the Physical Capacity Screening). Although seniority is a primary consideration for awarding regular hourly Key Operator non-interview positions, consideration will also be given to attendance record, safety record, disciplinary record, quality of work, peer relationships, job performance, previous work history, experience and Work Keys testing scores. Only candidates meeting eligibility criteria in all categories will be considered. The position will be awarded to the most senior qualified bidder who has successfully passed Physical Capacity Screening, if required for the position and if all other of the above criterion being considered are equal among candidates.
Equal opportunity is provided to all candidates on the basis of individual qualifications without regard to race; color; religion; sex; age; national origin; citizenship; sexual orientation; gender identity; status as a disabled, Vietnam Era, or other eligible veteran; or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vacations of employees moving from one operation to another are subject to change, in accordance with their new operation#39;s vacation scheduling procedures.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.