You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have nearly 5,000 associates in 11 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you re thinking how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can crunch on oodles of free snacks everyday!
*12 hour shifts on weekends
*Shift may vary based on Production
Your seat at the best snacks table:
The Sanitation Technician is responsible for thoroughly cleaning all equipment throughout the facility. This individual will be using chemicals and power washers to ensure the cleanliness of all our equipment along with the rest of the facility. The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 60+ pounds. Ladders & Lift equipment is used during cleaning. Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed.
What you bring to the party:
- Mathematical Skills Must be able to do simple math, conversions (mm in., g-oz), and use formulas to compute run rates
- Leadership - Must be honest, dependable, punctual, and trustworthy. Sanitation Technicians will need to follow all policies/procedures set forth by Shearers Foods LLC and must have the ability to work well with others
- Language Skills Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to Team Members in immediate area
- Time Management Must be able to follow standard work instructions
- Flexibility - Must be available for pre-shift meetings when applicable and able to work weekends, holidays and overtime when needed
- Physical Demands - The team member is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The team member must regularly lift and /or move up to 60+ pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus. Team Members must be able to be on their feet for twelve (12+) hours, to keep up with a fast, repetitious pace and to do repetitious lifting.
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace:
Because at Shearer s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!