Are you a motivated, focused and eager leader looking for an opportunity where you can make an impact from day one? Then we want you! Our New Products and Capital Leader is accountable for eliminating losses associated with changes to the factory via capital investment, new products, or changes to ingredients.
The New Products and Capital (NPC) Leader plans, directs and coordinates resources to deliver the startup portion of capital investments. As such, the NPC Leader works directly with resources from the Engineering team, who owns scope, cost and schedule for capital projects. Startup responsibilities for the NPC Leader include items such as:
- Charter, develop and lead cross-functional startup tea
- Create startup plan to include startup support and training/qualification for all operators in the area
- Define staffing need
- Define and Administer Start-Up budget
- Participate in design reviews and factory acceptance tests
- Leading/Coordinating startup team during Commissioning, Qualification and Verification (CQV)
- Develop and deliver CQV Success Criteria
- Safety: Injuries during startup, standards created and implemented for LOTO, grounding, guarding, confined space, fire suppression, hoisting and rigging
- Food Safety/Quality: holds, defects, sanitation procedures, harborage, environmental monitoring, lab procedures, Inifinity and MSS updated with SSOP s
- OEE, breakdowns, throughput, waste, MUV
- Startup budget
- Integrate project within SHOP systems
- PM s
- Spare parts
- Training material
- OEE system
- Organizing technical training and qualification for all operators in the area
In addition to capital projects, the NPC Leader is also responsible to deliver new product launches and ingredient changes to deliver business targets while also supporting plant glidepath results. The NPC Leader will select from appropriate CQV success criteria listed above to ensure success of the change. The NPC Leader will attend Gate review calls.
New Products and Capital is one of the SHOP Pillars. When the site launches the NPC Pillar, the NPC Leader will lead the NPC SHOP Pillar and work in close connection with the Enterprise pillar leader to deliver pillar success criteria and build site NPC capability.
Your seat at the table
- Be a part of a company experiencing exciting, sustainable growth
- Experience company-wide spirit of teamwork and support
- Have immediate impact in your role
- Be heard and counted at the table
- Have an integral role in creating well-loved products
- Advance your career with an organization that prides itself on being the world's "go to manufacturer" for snack foods
What you bring to the table
- Bachelor s degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a production, plant, or warehouse technical operations management or supervision role, preferably in the food processing industry
- Knowledge of advanced principles in plant operations
- Knowledge of basic and advanced methods of training and coaching individuals and groups
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision-making skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to plan, direct, and coordinate
- Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
- Ability to manage team members in executing complex programs
- Ability to work a variable schedule
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!
To all recruitment agencies: Shearer s Snacks does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. Shearer s is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.