Several years ago our Company founders embarked on a mission to make yogurt everyone could love. Almost ten years later, and two facilities in full swing, we are proud to make yogurt products that can be found in supermarkets, club stores, food service outlets and convenience stores located throughout the United States!
Our dairies have continued to grow through team effort and openness, and we believe that it is this team effort that will allow us to prosper. We are looking for positive, productive people to join in making contributions to our growing team!
Delivering top line innovation and renovation projects and bottom line savings projects are critical to the success of US Yogurt. The Project Manager (PM) plays a key role in delivering these projects as a part of the US Yogurt Project Management Office (PMO). They will work with cross functional teams and business partners to ensure projects are successfully executed and delivered on time.
- The PM will manage an assigned share of the overall US Yogurt PMO portfolio of multiple product innovation and renovation projects as to ensure successful, timely completion and adherence to company goals and objectives. In addition to innovation projects, this position will lead cost savings and other projects as assigned. The number of projects and types of projects to manage will depend on the size and complexity of the projects, the aggregate workload of the PMO and overall business needs.
- For each of these projects the PM is accountable for all the activities as defined by PMO RACI matrixes to meet the deliverables of the project (product characteristics, cost, time of launch, profitability, quality, delivery to the customers, savings, etc.).
- For each project the PM will partner with the project leader to develop a project plan to execute the project in the quickest possible time, meeting all the customer and consumer and internal expectations of the project. This will include a recommendation on a team, resources needed, a detailed timeline with critical path and a risk analysis, etc. The steps to achieve project management will be based on the Lactalis US Yogurt CoDev (stage gate) project management process
- The PM, with the project team, should identify early any issues or risk and escalate them to the appropriate level.
- The PM is the representative of the team for his/her projects. As such he/she will communicate the status of the project, prepare and present updates and stage gate reviews for executive leadership and work directly with the PMO portfolio manager to ensure project status accuracy to facilitate overall PMO and Lactalis US Yogurt portfolio metrics and reporting.
- The PM will cross-train and back-up other PMs as necessary, learning the key players and execution processes for brands and/or plants that fall outside of their normal PM scope to enable resource balancing across the PMO.
- Manage cross-functional teams and ensure project team has sufficient skills and experience to meet the objectives
- Manage project timelines, action plans and risks of the project
- Report and communicate the project with the PMO and to executive management
- Participate with other PMO managers in identifying and proposing best practices and improvement to the project management process
- Need to be an employee in good standing with a proven track record of delivering results and displaying the leadership competencies and values of the organization.
- Has successfully led projects or had a significant contribution to the success of projects as a participant beyond their area of functional responsibility.
- Must understand and be able to articulate the roles of each function in a product development project and how they interact and work together in the most efficient manner.
- Must understand the interdependence of every decision and action taken in each function of the project on the overall project and be able to use judgment to challenge them.
- Must be detailed oriented enough to create detailed timelines and action plans for the project
- Need to be intellectually agile to switch between the high level view of the project and the details
- Being able to assess individual’s contributions to the project and manage their performance by coaching and mentoring in conjunction with their line manager (without direct reporting line).
- Good presentation skills. Being able to synthesize project details into a concise impactful summary adapted to the audience (from EC to project team).
- Strong computer proficiency MS office
Preferred skills and experience:
- Working knowledge of any risk analysis methodology.
- 4 year college degree (engineer, business or other relevant discipline) or related experience
- MS Project working knowledge preferred.
- 3 or more years of work experience demonstrating the skills required for this position
- PMP certification a plus
Apply here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/333593
COMMONWEALTH DAIRY is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.