Who are we?
Michigan Milk Producers Association (MMPA), established in 1916, is a member owned and operated dairy cooperative. MMPA serves approximately 1,600 dairy farmer members in Michigan, Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio. The dairy cooperative, the 10th largest in the U.S., employs approximately 320 people in four states.
MMPA markets nearly 5 billion pounds of milk annually to fluid milk customers and food ingredient manufacturers. MMPA operates two manufacturing plants in Ovid and Constantine, Michigan and a cheese plant in Middlebury, Indiana. Products made at the Michigan plants include butter, ultra-filtered milk, powdered milk, cream and condensed skim milk. These products are sold to a wide range of food manufacturers who make end-use products such as candy, ice cream, pudding, baked goods, cheese and yogurt.
Provision, deploy, configure, and administer various security-related hardware and software including firewalls, routers, switches, various network monitoring tools, and VPNs (virtual private networks). Perform network-based security risk assessments, help design new infrastructure solutions as the association expands or replaces its system architecture.
Responsibilities for MMPA business include:
- Monitor and log security concerns and incidents, and generate reports and track performance
- Maintain physical and virtual environment to protect servers, switches, and entire information technology system while balancing overall load
- Maintain firewall, virtual private network, web, and email security programs, protocols, and security
- Document current network environment including device mapping, VLAN attributes, and security protocol implementations and maintain future documentation throughout infrastructure changes
- Handling and troubleshooting issues with NAT
- Configure access lists
- Troubleshooting DNS/DHCP issues within the network
- Involved in troubleshooting network traffic and its diagnosis using toolsets such as Wireshark, SolarWinds, and TCP dump
- IP subnetting and various designing and allocating classes of IP address to the domain
- Configure and deploy QOS and defined class of service (COS) WRED and WFQ for bandwidth management D
- Design and deploy various network security & high availability security products
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor#39;s degree required work experience of seven or more years in computer hardware, software installation, networking experience, or computer maintenance. Preferred Certifications Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Functional Competencies needed:
- Knowledge of Cisco IOS, Cisco VPN, Fortigate FW technology, Fortigate VPN, Cisco Catalyst, PIX Firewall
- Understanding of incident monitoring and response protocols
- Familiarity with integrated hybrid application platform incorporating cloud based application framework (Saas) such as Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, Concur, etc.
- Programming/Scripting: Bash Scripting, Python, C++
- Expertise in Data Center Core layer, Access layer, Aggregation layer, Services layer
- Sound knowledge of routing and switching concepts and MPLS design
- Proficient in Cisco IOS for configuration & troubleshooting of routing protocols: MP-BGP, OSPF, LDP, EIGRP, RIP, BGP, v4, MPLS
- Extensive experience in configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting Cisco’s ASA/Pix security appliance, failover DMZ zoning & configuring VLANs/routing/NAT with the firewalls
- Cisco Routers (1600,1700,2600,2800, 2900, 3600, 3800, 7200 and 7600)
- Cisco L2& L3 Switches (1900,2900, 3560, 3750, 4500, 4900, 6500)
- LAN Technologies (Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, and Gigabit Ethernet, SMTP, VLAN, Inter-VLAN Routing, VTP, STP, RSTP, Light weight access point, WLC.)
- Network Security (Cisco ASA, ACL, IPSEC)
- OS products/services (DNS, DHCP, Windows (2008r2/2012r2)
- Routing protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, ISIS, VRF, PBR, Route Filtering, Redistribution, Summarization, and Static Routing)
- Gateway load balancing (HSRP, VRRP, GLBP, EBGP)
- Various features/services (IOS and Features, IRDP, NAT, SNMP, SYSLOG, NTP, DHCP, CDP, TFTP and FTP)
- Network management tools (Wireshark, Netflow Analyzer, Cisco Works, Ethereal, SNMP, HP open view, SolarWinds)
- Security server protocols (TACACS+, RADIUS.)
- Load balancers (Cisco CSM, F5 Networks (BIG-IP) LTM 8900, BIG-IP GTM 6800, Cisco ACE 4710.)
- Operating systems Windows (Server 2008r2, 2012r2, Windows 7/10), IOS.
- Firewall & Security (Cisco ASA, Fortigate).
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated initiative and desire to learn about the dairy industry
- Aptitude for gaining knowledge
- Ability to foster knowledge exchange within and with other departments
- Collaborative communication approach
- Utilize sound judgment
Important Note: The above statements describe the principal and essential functions, but not all functions that may be inherent in the job. This job requires the ability to perform duties contained in the job description for this position, including, but not limited to, the above requirements. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified applicants, as needed, to enable them to fulfill these requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer