When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s ##1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link’s Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
Join us as a National Sales Manager to grow and develop total Jack Link’s sales & profitability within BJ’s and Costco.
In this role, you will:
- Execute the strategy of the Club Channel, specifically Costco and BJ’s, to deliver top & bottom line sales & profit goals with a significant focus on growing the club business.
- Develop multi-year plans for channel specific business opportunities focused on expanding Jack Link’s presence in existing outlets and gaining new distribution.
- Manage trade spending to drive profitable business, including use of trade promotion management system.
- Collaborate with internal functions to develop customer specific programs/items/POS to build the business.
- Accountable for the development and accuracy of sales forecast by market and product to drive production planning.
- Provide business updates to Senior Sales Management on sales results/opportunities.
- Understand and report back on competitive landscape and activity.
- Build effective relationships throughout customer organizations and at various levels: Executive Management, Operations, Merchandising, Supply Planning, Marketing.
- Manage deduction & AR issues on all applicable accounts.
- Responsible for managing performance, training and developing direct reports.
- Manage broker network and conduct trainings as needed.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following education, skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related field.
- 7+ years of CPG experience with an emphasis on Costco or BJ’s customer experience
- Strong analytical capabilities with a demonstrated track record of identifying trends, opportunities and business insights.
- Strong business acumen; specifically with P&L management, Trade Management and Demand Planning.
- Experience leading direct reports.
- Trade Promotion Management System experience.
- Strong skill level in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to travel at least 50%.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.