JOB TITLE: National Sales Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Sales
LOCATION: Madison, Wisconsin
This position is responsible for selling to national accounts, exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue and profitability targets for the Cheese, Milk, and Ingredients product lines. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice. The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Meeting weekly with national account customers to increase share of wallet, specifically focused on increasing share to meet product volume minimums while maximizing product profitability.
- Spending a minimum of sixty percent of time each week in customer facing meetings. Working proactively in reaching out to customers to provide solutions to problems.
- Working with Procurement and other customer business units (e.g. Marketing), to sell consultatively leveraging our company s strengths and value proposition; experience negotiating 7-figure deals.
- Hunting for new customer logos with non-Foremost Farms customers to fill product volume and profitability gaps.
- Establishing senior-level relationships with new prospects, in order to acquire new business.
- Documenting quarterly business plans with Foremost Farms management to develop and implement measurable customer sales plan by setting proper pricing policies to maximize profitability of the customer business.
- Working with the Pricing Desk (Finance and Sales Operations) on new customer product quotes to maximize profitability to meet profitability target by national account customer.
- Providing weekly updates to Sales functional area with product forecasts for each national account customer.
- Communicating to customers Foremost Farms terms and conditions related to minimum order lead times.
- Presenting Foremost Farms product portfolio to national account customers for new business opportunities; educating the buyer on advantages and benefits of partnering, focusing on the FFUSA story, value propositions and differentiation from competitors.
- Conducting quarterly customer business reviews reflecting volumes, product mix, marketing spend, samples spend, product specifications, cost saving initiatives, and pricing.
- Using CRM weekly to document key customer meetings/phone conversations related to new sales opportunities, weekly forecasts, and proper contact management. Documenting weekly sales activities to drive new sales, such as proposal delivery, account reviews, new product trials, issue resolution.
- Acting as a product expert to customers, vendors, converters, direct reports and other departments to address and resolve inquiries and problems.
- Monitoring and reporting on market trends and conditions, competitive products and pricing, sales activities of competitors, existing and new product sales potential and other related information as appropriate.
- Working with customer service on customer issues, ensuring pricing correctly reflects marketing/rebate programs, brokerage, and freight
- Coordinating customer requests for new products to ensure successful new product development.
- Communicating necessary information to appropriate parties, including brokers and customers, such as company policy updates, price lists, product specifications and POS material.
- Assisting food brokers and distributors to become effective representatives of FFUSA interests in the marketplace, by providing training to sell specific products, performing joint sales calls as necessary, motivating and coordinating their sales activities to maintain, increase, or initiate sales of specific products.
- Identifying and influencing key decision-makers within current and prospective customer base to maintain/increase sales of Foremost Farms products.
- Ensuring appropriate customer complaint resolution, including working with plants, customer service, and quality group.
- Attendingregional and national trade shows and customer food shows to actively position and sell Foremost Farms products.
- Timely and accurate completion of duties.
- Frequent travel is required, 67% or more of time.
The following are required competencies of the position that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job:
- Computer Skills: Ability to operate all information technology related business systems, programs and applications in a manner that achieves efficiency, accuracy, and relevancy of information processing and reporting as it applies to this position.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as dictated letters or memoranda, invoices, company policies and various documentation, paying close attention to grammar. Ability to process routine reports and correspondences. Ability to communicate effectively with employees and applicants of the organization. Ability to effectively present information to other employees of the organization. Requires excellent telephone skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to correctly add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to correctly compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other Skills & Abilities: Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as a computer and keyboard, calculator, FAX, photocopier, telephone, postage machine, paper shredder, scanner, etc. The ability to drive a motor vehicle and maintaining a valid driver s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands Employee is frequently (more than 75% of time) required to: use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, sit; to verbally communicate; and to hear. The employee is occasionally (up to 33% of the time) required to walk and stand. The employee must occasionally (up to 33% of the time) lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne participles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Protective Equipment No protective equipment is generally required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
This position requires a bachelor s degree in sales, marketing, business or related field with minimum 5 years of national account selling experience. Experience in the food or dairy industry is business a plus.
Because you and your family matter, Foremost Farms offers some of the best benefits in the area! Our comprehensive medical plan includes health, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. You can choose to enroll in a single or family plan with low monthly premiums and low annual deductibles ($250/$500). Other benefits include:
- 401(k) with a generous company contribution (100% match on up to 8% deferral)
- Paid time off, starting at 200 hours (25 days)
- 10 Paid holidays
- Paid parental leave (6 weeks paid at 100%)
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care (childcare) expenses
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral program
- Advancement opportunities!
It is the policy of Foremost Farms USA to provide equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disabilities, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Foremost Farms USA, headquartered in Baraboo, Wis., is a farmer-owned milk processing and marketing cooperative with annual sales of $2.0 billion. The nation s eighth-largest cooperative and number 25 in annual sales among the Top 100 U.S. dairy processors, Foremost Farms is a leading manufacturer and marketer of cheese, specialty whey ingredients, butter and bulk fluid milk to customers around the world.
We re looking for employees who challenge the status quo, innovate and aim for excellence. Because we re working to be the world s best to Be Foremost we ll bring out the best in you. We re already one of the nation s top 10 dairy cooperatives, making Wisconsin cheese and dairy ingredients for the global marketplace. But we re not satisfied. Are you?
Are you ready to Be Foremost?
Please apply at: www.foremostfarms.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Successful completion of pre-employment testing which could include a drug test, physical, background check, education check and credit check required.