SUMMARY: The National Sales Manager Foodservice is responsible for managing product sales and achieving sales volume and profitability targets. This position reports to the Director of Foodservice Sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct management of the top 5 distributor relationships at Mizkan. Directs management of foodservice national accounts as well as regional chains.
- Maintains and grows current business levels and secures new sales opportunities, establishing both annual and semi- annual goals.
- Develops budget and manages expenditures, profitability, and trade budget.
- Develops, presents, and implements strategic customer plans that meet sales volume goals and profitability levels by product category and by customer.
- Communicates new products, services, and other developments to existing and potential accounts.
- Establishes and maintains multiple levels of relationships within each customer to identify needs and opportunities as well as to provide selling solutions. This includes key chain contacts in Menu Development, Research & Development, Marketing and Purchasing.
- Understands customers strategy, organization, and decision-making process and growth plans.
- When needed, interfaces, and works with a network of foodservice brokers.
- Interfaces internally with Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Finance, Production, Quality Control and Research and Development functions to best maintain existing sales and win new customer business.
- Consults with management and provides timely information and reports on foodservice sales activities, issues with resolutions, trends, market changes, competitive developments, and other critical matters.
- Maintains accurate monthly customer forecasting.
- Assembles persuasive fact-based selling presentations.
- Executes monthly tracker reports of progress with multi-unit operators.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
BA or BS degree preferred.
Five years of combined experience in food sales, foodservice national accounts and regional chain experience in managing headquarter calls.
Results oriented; high level of personnel initiative, self-motivated; always maintains a sense of urgency.
Previous P & L experience preferred.
Critical analytical thinking, problem solving and conflict resolution skills to handle customer issues courteously and expeditiously.
Strong organizational, planning and problem-solving skills to go along with attention to detail and ability to negotiate effective agreements.
Creative, aggressive, customer driven, and results oriented.
Persuasive interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills required.
Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Ability to work with all levels of management and develop lasting customer relationships.
Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
Strong organizational, planning, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
Innovative team player, versatile, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
Must possess demonstrated ability to manage, build, and enhance the overall value of the Mizkan Foodservice business and challenge the status quo.
Commitment to excellence, high standards and to company values.
Broad based business knowledge, strategic thinking, good judgment, and accurate risk assessment skills highly desirable.
Must be professional, honest, trustworthy, and have commitment to customer satisfaction.
Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required. Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX desirable.
Work from home office with convenient access to major airport.