KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (KAM)
Dawn North America
Foundational Description, Subject to Minor Regional/National Account Adjustments
Dawn Key Account Managers are our customers#39; strategic bakery success partner and first point-of-contact for leveraging Dawn#39;s profitable product and service solutions.
A Dawn Key Account Manager (KAM) is responsible for the development, growth, and profitability of targeted key accounts. Dawn KAMs plan, present, and implement bakery product solutions for specific regional accounts in which cultivating relationships, strategic planning, and account leadership are critical to customer success and profitability. Our KAMs are expected to demonstrate account leadership through developing partnerships, maintaining relationships, presenting opportunities, and implementing solutions within their accounts while representing Dawn as an ongoing strategic partner for delivering the product and service solutions that enable customer success.
Effective collaboration across internal and external partnerships is critical for a KAM to deliver results and successfully address customer needs with Dawn#39;s products and solutions. This position partners closely with leaders and frontline roles within sales, distribution, technical bakery, R&D, finance, and beyond to organize customer-specific teams for successful execution.
KAMs lead the development and execution of annual customer plans. Effectively manages and allocates resources to support profitable growth initiatives. Possesses a strong business acumen by demonstrating the ability to understand and react to business situations in a manner that drives a positive outcome.
- Act as the primary point of contact for key account customer product and service needs
- Establish, outline, and deliver successful short and long-term regional strategic plans for key account initiatives with Dawn product and service solutions.
- Demonstrates the ability to think strategically
- Lead a cross-functional customer team and collaborate and influence across R&D, marketing, technical bakery, and manufacturing to explore opportunities and bring desired product solutions to market
- Strategically prospect and determine the best approaches for creating and maintaining profitable activity, whether it is within existing, recently acquired, or potential key accounts
- Identifies and communicates with appropriate account stakeholders, maintaining ideal relationships and customer interactions
- Ability to engage the large complex accts at all levels including the C suite
- Development, documentation, and presentation of win-win opportunities
- Drive growth within respective accounts to meet the sales targets established by the Regional Key Account leadership and Regional Commercial Leadership Team
- Effectively collaborate with, engage, and assist in prioritizing the activities of associated technical support Team Members
- Maintain a collaborative approach across regional leadership, teams, and functions to grow sales, remain on budget, and maintain efficient costs
- Provide timely responses to and troubleshooting to ongoing situations that may impact the customer#39;s success with Dawn product solutions
- Align ongoing key account efforts against Dawn#39;s strategic goals and priorities
- Utilize enterprise CRM tool (Salesforce) to develop and manage detailed strategic plans for all assigned key accts and prospects.
- Report and monitor weekly/monthly sales and profit results; Compile customer business reporting as required
- Participate in monthly forecasting and planning in support of optimum operational efficiency
- Work with procurement, finance, and sales leaders to understand and navigate the supply chain for solutions so they can be accurately priced
- Attend and participate within regional tradeshows, product demonstrations, and plant tours, as needed
- Perform timely internal and external communication and administrative activities as assigned, including but not limited to: price changes, new items, allowance forms, etc.
- Responsibly acquire, coordinate, and utilize company resources
- Must be able to travel extensively (50% - 80%)
- Bachelor#39;s Degree within a business administration, sales, marketing, food science or equivalent discipline; Will consider equivalent professional experiences
- At least 5 years#39; experience within selling or marketing foodservice and/or ingredients-focused solutions or equivalent
- At least 3 years#39; experience of and demonstrative ability for managing large key accounts, driving sales growth, and delivering profitability
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional negotiation skills
- Demonstrative ability to collaborate with others and delegate tasks for the successful execution of complex projects against established timelines
- Possesses an understanding of modern manufacturing capabilities, particularly within processes and applications impacting foodservice the manufacturing of food products
- Demonstrative ability to navigate multiple software applications, user interfaces, and digital technologies
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Motivated by results, execution, and a "finish line focus"
- Able to effectively manage time within a schedule of competing priorities and tasks
- Must be able to satisfy pre-employment testing (drug screen and background check)
- MBA or equivalent degree or operational experiences preferred
- In-depth understanding of B2B foodservice distribution supply chains
- Enhanced understanding of and/or hands-on experiences with bakery products, raw materials, and baking supplies
- Food science, culinary and/or baking and pastry experiences
- Enhanced knowledge of and/or hands-on experiences within bakery operations
- Established baking industry relationships
Here at Dawn, our crisis management team is meeting regularly to assess our response to COVID-19. As part of this, we are looking at potential changes in our interview and onboarding process, as your health and safety is of the utmost importance to us. We encourage you to check back frequently and know that recruiters will be in touch with candidates as needed. We appreciate your interest in becoming part of the Dawn Family and will continue to make updates as new information becomes available.
Dawn Recruitment Team
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.