- Assumes personal responsibility to insure a safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adheres to all safety policies/procedures and incorporates safety and health in all job’s duties/tasks.
- Adheres to safe work practices, follows GMP’s, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports any conditions or practices that may adversely affect employee safety or food safety/quality to management immediately.
- Attends and actively participates in safety meetings/trainings.
- Insures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Complete preventative maintenance requirements on all basic as well as filling and processing equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders as required for maintenance and service
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on various equipment including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatics and hydraulics operations
- Monitor efficiency of all equipment and locate sources of problems by observing equipment in operation
- Remove or replace defective parts, determine changes in dimensional requirements using calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Adjust all necessary components of equipment as needed using hand tools, plumb bobs and straightedges
- Must adhere to budget, USDA, OSHA, SQF, and FDA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions (work environment and equipment) and ensure that product integrity is intact. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories, anticipate the need, place and expedite orders, and verify receipt.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Level 3 High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
Level 3 Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Level 3 Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Level 5 Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Examples of licenses, certificates, and registrations required: Black Seal License is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections: 5+ years of related experience in packing machines/production machinesMechanic Level A job qualifications, plus the following:Troubleshooting and repairs on the filling equipment (Elopak/Scholle)Troubleshooting/change-over on the packaging equipmentBasic repairs related to electrical components and processing equipment (from pumps and pasteurizers to the holding tank)Intermediate knowledge of plumbing, heating and refrigerationAbility to function in a teamwork environment.Must be well-organized.Must be detail oriented.Ability to plan and prioritize activity.Ability to comply with all safety rules and regulations.Basic computer skills.Power Industrial Truck Operator’s LicenseAbility to work safely with chemicals