Perform functions to receive and properly maintain an effective inventory of a variety of commodities, supplies, and parts while processing data in the Enterprise Resource Planning System and Computerized Maintenance Management System with an economic awareness and a timely manner in accordance with established quality standards and required specifications.
- Facilitates the smooth operation of the Maintenance Department#39;s daily activities through efficient handling of incoming materials, work requests, employee requests, issuing and record keeping of the equipment#39;s recommended repair parts.
- Acts as a liaison and expediter between the Maintenance Department and vendors/contractors to ensure both adherence to ACH#39;s policies, and the timely completion of projects and/or repairs.
- Manage all aspects of MRO/indirect materials and distribution while taking into account cost-effective solutions.
- Reconciles purchase orders, receiving and inventory discrepancies. Works with the vendors and the AP department to ensure receipts and payments are processed accurately.
- Performs inventory reviews, cycle counts and other activities with emphasis on corporate inventory and spend objectives.
- Responsible for spare part BOM maintenance, including SAP system settings and obsolete risk assessments.
- Manages and maintains MRO and PPE inventory levels.
- Evaluates the requirements for contract maintenance against existing labor capability and current backlog levels.
- Ensures that information on contract maintenance repairs, overhauls and all repairs is added to the equipment history database and that this database is accurately maintained.
- Works closely with the maintenance manager, all supervisors and manufacturing operations staff to support effective planning for shutdowns and special projects.
- Coordinates development of materials/parts requirements and requisitioning and plan for contract maintenance support as required.
- Serves as the primary support to the Maintenance Supervisors in developing performance information for the company#39;s Maintenance Excellence Index (KPI#39;s), life cycle costing and other maintenance cost information.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as assigned. Provides training and support for an MRO Clerk back up, in case the incumbent is absent.
- Provides support to the Maintenance Supervisor for other maintenance initiatives such as vendor partnership for MRO parts and materials.
- Works with Supervisors, Engineers, and crafts work force to determine parts required on major repair.
- Coordinates with vendors to reserve and kit parts prior to major planned repairs.
- Maintains the status of requested materials/parts to meet the established repair schedule.
- Provides recommendations to the Maintenance Leadership on stock levels, additions, and/or deletions from inventory.
- Identifies critical spares and updates the equipment history database with the critical spares being carried in storeroom inventory.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Additional post-secondary education is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years#39; experience with multiple site MRO supply/demand strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 - 7 years#39; experience in a manufacturing environment
- Food Industry and Understanding of commercial manufacturing and equipment
- Engineering Understands mechanical parts and equipment helpful
- Familiar with MS Excel, Database, MS Project, and Word
- CMMS, MRP, and ERP systems experience and process knowledge
- Oral and Written Communication
- Excellent time management and organizational skills (multi-tasking, prioritization, deadline orientation)
- Diligent and conscientious; proactive self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders is required
- Ability to sit (30%), stand (20%), walk (20%), kneel/squat (15%), and bend (15%) for 8 hours.
- Ability to lift approximately up to a maximum of 75 pounds, approximately 2 times per week from floor to waist.
- Ability to reach overhead various times per day and to ground various times per day