Shift: Monday - Friday, Days. (Hours may vary)
Your seat at the table
This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager. The MRO Purchaser provides leadership in establishing, organizing, planning, and implementing continuous improvement plans regarding the MRO operation. Provides specialized development and training needs in the area of MRO and ensures improvement initiatives surrounding Maintenance Connection with Maintenance Leads, Planners, and Stockroom Personnel to support the business. Duties include managing the replenishment of MRO parts and facilitate company strategies for MRO management. This position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to interact will all levels of management. The MRO Purchaser will maintain inventory control policies to assure accurate and controlled inventories. The MRO Purchaser will facilitate reporting on performance against operating and financial KPI measures and involved in cost reduction initiatives.
What you bring to the table
Essential Job Duties
SHIFT WILL BE DAYS
- Facilitate company strategies for Stockroom Improvement Initiatives.
- Integrate the Stockroom with the Maintenance Planning process.
- Handle Buyer responsibilities for all MRO purchases ensuring all required approvals are met prior to issuing purchase orders
- Provide training in Maintenance Connection to Stockroom, Planners, and Maintenance Personnel.
- Maintain the integrity of Shearer’s MRO material naming convention.
- Develop and understand MRO SOP’s and ensure all MRO SOP’s are followed.
- Analyze and recommend adjustments to inventory levels.
- Develop, maintain and communicate timely and accurate reporting of Stockroom KPI’s
- Identify and deplete obsolete/surplus inventory levels in coordination with maintenance
- Serve as a liaison between the Stockroom and Maintenance Planners to communicate part obsolescence, replacements, etc., and to assure equipment BOM’s are being maintained and updated.
- Conduct weekly review of cycle counts.
- Run open purchase order report and take proper action with suppliers documented suppliers who continually miss delivery dates. Share that information with corporate procurement.
- Develop and maintain positive rapport with all of Shearer’s associates.
- Actively supports all Maintenance and plant driven initiatives.
- Prioritize and oversee assigned daily work performed by Stockroom Clerk which includes Cycle Counting, picking parts for WO kits and accuracy, development and training needs.
- Ensures MSDS requirements are maintained
- Work closely with Maintenance Manager on all matters related to employee staffing, discipline, etc.
- Work with the Engineering Department on Engineering methods and standards that ensures successful critical spare parts implementation and material obsolescence.
- Lead re-engineering / alternate vendor initiatives to optimize inventory.
- Work closely with vendors to optimize inventory cost.
- Ensure all Stockroom clerks comply with all Shearer’s policies, procedures, and GMPs.
- Ensure all Stockroom clerks perform all work in a safe and efficient manner.
- Control and approve all requests for new part adds, deletions, and obsoletes within thresholds.
- Work closely with Finance Department to research and validate invoices for MRO purchased materials.
- Run open purchase order reports and create requisitions to bring stock back to appropriate levels.
- Ensure each stocked material has a valid min/max and adjust as necessary.
- Develop and implement cost saving measures.
- Develop and implement a defined material kitting process for planned work orders.
- Manage the MRO budget and provide feedback/analysis to the Maintenance Manager.
- Provides guidance and training to Stockroom clerk.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Supervisory Responsibility (List Title(s) of Jobs Supervised)
This position has no direct supervisory responsibility. However, the position does have strong influence around providing direction, mentoring, and coaching.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements (Knowledge, skills, and abilities normally required for competent performance in the job – analytical skills, attention to detail, specific technical skills, etc.)
- Ability to fully leverage a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS). Maintenance Connection preferred.
- Proficiency in MRO Inventory Management
- Strong familiarity with multiple MRO commodities
- Proficiency in MRO Requisitioning & Purchasing
- Experience in sourcing and buying indirect materials
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong goal attainment orientation with team focus
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Self-starter and self-motivated; comfortable guiding an autonomous Stockroom Team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
Education and Experience (Minimum and preferred educational requirements, years of experience needed to successfully perform the job – High School or GED, High School plus specialized vocation or technical education, college degree)
4 year degree preferred. Requires 2 or more years of relevant experience as a MRO Purchaser.
Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job)
Must be able to sit for long periods of time, using a computer and the telephone. May be required to lift items weighing up to 20 pounds.
Work Environment (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while successfully perform the essential functions of the job-indicate office, shop floor, other)
Work environment will generally be an office; however, daily job scoping will require plant floor time, which may be noisy and hot.
Travel Required (Indicate type of travel and % of time travel is required)
Approximately 5% travel time to support training programs or self-development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!