The Shipping / Maintenance Clerk is responsible for providing support to the engineering and maintenance departments. The primary focus of this position will be shipping, organizing, data entry, stocking of spare parts inventory. This is a hands-on position with extensive interaction with production and maintenance.
- Accurately schedule and prepare paperwork for shipping parcels and LTL shipments.
- Stock and organize inventory.
- Cycle count parts as needed.
- Setup new parts in computerized maintenance management system – part numbers, supplier, stock level, and descriptions.
- Stock supply cabinets on a resupply schedule.
- Resolve inventory, logistics, and record-keeping issues.
- Assist with planning and scheduling of maintenance activities.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Store Room.
- Train other personnel as needed.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Detailed orientated – accuracy and speed is critical.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel and Outlook.
- Quick learner of computer software.
- Customer service oriented.
- Mechanically inclined – able to identify mechanical and electrical spare parts.
- Able to regularly lift and handle parts weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Able to operate a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, and electric cart.
- High school graduate.
- May be asked to support a flexible schedule based on department needs.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening and e-file background testing required.
- Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices, including appropriate safety equipment apply. Job will generally be performed in a manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may be required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time, climb stairs, climb ladders, and walk plant floors that could exceed one mile of travel per day.
- The employee must have a full range of body movements including use of hands to fingers, handle or feel objects, computer equipment and peripherals, bending, reaching, and crouching.
- Must have command of all five senses, sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. These vision requirements in each area must be sufficient to shift in focus from computer screens to close forms.
- Must be able to understand and follow work instructions in English.