Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
Weighs and loads raw materials into the mixer following the mixing process and procedure guidelines at all times. Checks every ingredient added. Writes any required information on the QA paperwork.
- Prepares mixer by setting equipment controls.
- Reports outages of ingredients to supervisor prior to beginning mixing any formula.
- Reports equipment issues (mixing, scaling, or electronic) to the production supervisor and the maintenance department immediately.
- Produces product by mixing raw materials; monitoring and records ACCURATE SAP lots.
- Prepares product for next process. Mixer is responsible for dumping all dough in the food waste carts at the end shift.
- Writes ingredients information on the dough sheets one at a time
- Enters dough in SAP one at a time
- Responsible to sieve ingredients, dry and liquid
- Maintains quality standards by verifying weight and contents of raw materials; Documents all process events; approving product for next step in manufacturing process.
- Prepares for next batch by cleaning mixing equipment. Verifies that equipment has been decontaminated by the sanitation department at the end of any given run changeover. Mixer is responsible for rapid changeovers.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- (No supplies, gloves, hairnets, beard nets, or tools should be left on top of the equipment at any given time)
- Know and follow GMP guidelines.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Overtime hours may be required based on work demand. Employee must be flexible with the work hours as needed. Might need to work different shifts and work weekends.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views. Perform work tasks in harmony with peers.
Written Communication - Writes numbers legibly.
Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
Flexibility - Is able to move from one task to another task with ease.
Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed. Able to execute job tasks with minimal supervision.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School diploma / GED desired or equivalent years of experience in an automated or semi-automated packing environment preferred
- Previous experience in a baking environment preferred
Ability to comprehend basic verbal and written instructions. Must have good command of The English language. Ability to distinguish and identify different products by reading labels.
Ability to count to 60. Ability to do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Ability to write numbers legibly.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Basic Computer and SAP skills are required.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
No certifications or licenses are required. Forklift certification helpful.
HOUSEKEEPING / SAFETY:
Performs housekeeping and maintenance tasks to keep work stations cleaned, organized and safe. These include but are not limited to: a) wiping and washing equipment and tools, b) scraping, mopping of floors, c) trash removal.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is continuously required to stand or walk, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle or feel product, machinery controls or materials. Manual dexterity and utilization of both hands and all fingers is required. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend and stoop, and occasionally to climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with the aid of a co-worker. The employee must occasionally push/pull manual or automated pallet jacks and other equipment. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is occasionally expected to push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required.
This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to subordinates, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For line manufacturing environment hearing protection is mandatory. Employees move between hot and cold environments. Temperatures may be around 45F or 100F and in between. Hottest temp months between May & September. Exposed to moving equipment through the shift. Exposed to milk, eggs, butter, chocolate ingredients used in our products.
Aspire Bakeries is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.