Summary: The Mixing Operator is responsible for mixing ingredients according to working instructions and Mixing BOM within quality and safety standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Verify correct ingredients and correct amounts are staged for batch run.
- Placing ingredients in mixer for processing.
- Check to see if re-work should be added to batch and add accordingly.
- Follow BOM dump sequence.
- Set-up sifter for product discharge pull if required, ensuring correct screen size and magnets are in place.
- Filling, weighting, labeling, and sealing product.
- Clean and wash mixers, screens and magnets between batches or as specified.
- Dismantle and clean any accessories and equipment between batches.
- Collect samples for lab testing. Run viscosity testing on certain product.
- Remove trash and keep area clean of clutter and standing water.
- Document activity on production report or RF (barcode system).
- Communicate any out-of-norm occurrences.
- Set-up staged and batched product.
- Observe safety rules and wear personal protective equipment.
- May manually pack / fill drums and/or pails as required.
- May operate a forklift as required.
- Reports any product quality deviations or mechanical failures.
Knowledge and Experience:
High school diploma or GED preferred
Three months related experience (general labor working conditions in a plant) and/or training
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to communicate with individuals and small groups. Ability to read, write and speak English
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret graphs.