Role Purpose: Maintain equipment, troubleshoot and complete emergency repairs to keep the plant running as efficiently as possible
(1) Shift: Friday to Monday from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm
(2) Shift: Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm (TRAY PACK PLANT)
(3) Shift: Monday to Friday from 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm (TRAY PACK PLANT)
(4) Shift: Sunday to Thursday from 11:00 pm to 7:30 am (TRAY PACK PLANT)
(5) Shift: Tuesday to Friday from 6:00 am to 2:30 pm and Saturday 4:00 am to 12:30 pm
Please indicate preferred shift.
* Performs skilled journeyperson level work involving preventative and corrective maintenance, inspections, modifications, installation/dismantling of systems and projects, as well as troubleshooting, diagnostics, and repairs.
* Reads drawings, blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
* Installs, aligns, dismantles, and moves stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment including, but not limited to: pumps, fans, tanks, conveyors, according to layout plans and using hand and power tools.
* Assembles machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools, and welding equipment.
* Informs the Maintenance Manager and/or Maintenance Supervisor of any outstanding mechanical matters.
* Stores equipment and tools properly when they are not in use and ensures that work area and machines are kept clean, organized and tidy at all times.
* Assists other trades in emergency repairs and other tasks as necessary.
* Provides oversight and guidance to Apprentice Millwrights.
* Policies, Processes & Procedures: follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
* Must possess mechanical aptitude;
* Welding experience;
* Ability to work from schematics, drawings and prints when troubleshooting;
* Working knowledge of food and meat plant regulatory standards (CFIA, etc.), GMP, HACCP, BRC, food safety, food quality, etc.;
* Working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), WHMIS;
* Analytical, with problem-identification and problem-solving capabilities;
* Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail and effective multi-tasking is essential;
* Computer literacy (MS Office).
* Must possess a valid Millwright License.
* Building Trust - Builds strong relationships on a foundation of trust, loyalty and authenticity.
* Driving for Results - Relentlessly pursues quantifiable and measurable results: identifies areas for improvement and executes changes as necessary.
* Communication & Listening - Encourages open and honest communication with the team, communicates messages clearly and concisely and listens attentively to others.
* Initiative - Proactively seeks new opportunities and challenges; takes ownership and accountability for enhancing results or minimizing problems.
* Builds Networks - Builds strong relationships with peers, partners and key stakeholders, cultivating meaningful connections.
* Awareness & Insight - Assesses one’s own abilities, understands how actions impact perceptions and thrives within our culture, climate and organization at all levels.
* Plant based. Physically demanding work in all kinds of working environments.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants are required to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for applying however only those chosen will be contacted.