Crete Analytical Laboratory
Mrieux NutriSciences is a solutionproviderdedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world" .
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Microbiology Technician in 3600 Eagle Nest Dr, North Building, Crete, IL 60417 USA. Your missions will be to:
Purpose of Job:
The incumbent prepares sample for processing and maintains documentation of process to facilitate analysis procedures.
Read plates and tubes, as required, to determine the number of organisms in the sample. Record findings on worksheet for verification.
Write identification onto plates so that client and sample number can be tracked.
Pipette sample solution into tubes or plates according to the analysis process being performed. Pour the agar into plates or tubes to begin the growth process.
Prepare sample for analysis by recording, weighing, and blending.
Collect plates and place them in the incubator for the specified amount of time and temperature.
Prepare media and broth for use in pathogen testing as required.
Sterilize materials needed for analysis. Autoclave plates before discarding.
Perform food poisoning, pH and other analysis tests on sample when requested by the client.
Ensure that media and materials are prepared for the next testing sequence.
Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
Set up equipment and materials needed for analysis.
Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process.
This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed complaint system.
Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized.
Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required.
Adhere to all safety policies
Perform other related tasks as needed.
Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation maintenance, and improvement of the management system.
- The incumbent must have a basic knowledge of Microbiology to accurately perform testing procedures and obtain accurate results.
- Analytical skills are essential to complete analysis procedures and determine the concentration of the Microorganism.
- A general knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) is required to process client data.
- Physical dexterity is required for manipulating samples.
- A basic knowledge of personal computers is useful to accurately enter testing data and results.
- A basic knowledge of laboratory safety procedures and policies is necessary to ensure a safe working environment.
- Planning skills are useful to maintain supplies of analysis materials and ensure analysis is completed within specified time.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on #39;Apply now#39; button