The Quality Micro Technologist reports to the Quality Manager and leads the implementation, execution and continuous improvement of the plant Microbial Monitoring Programs. Promotes the microbial program and the continuous improvement of the cleaning program.
- Responsible for planning, setting up, and carrying out microbial, environmental and allergen swabbing and analyses per schedule.
- Responsible for recommending changes and/or improvements for the microbial programs.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and purchasing of supplies for preparing standard solution for micro testing.
- Works closely with the Sanitation department to correct and improve deficiencies found.
- Responsible for documenting results, writing reports, reviewing samples and analyzing data.
- Performs weekly micro analysis, specific for Yeast and Mold plating, counting, and identifying types of Mold.
- Collects all the data related to the Micro program such as temperatures, relative humidity, personnel activities, traffic, etc.
- Prepares the necessary samples to send to external Lab.
- Documents all samples and enters the results (internal and external) in the appropriate reports.
- Stores chemicals in a safe environment and maintains chemical MSDS log up to date.
- Follow Good Lab Practices by performing lab cleanup and keeping work area clean, operating and maintaining lab equipment in working condition.
- Trains other technicians as necessary.
- Performs any other tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. Two year Degree in Sciences / Microbiology or related field required. 2 years of work experience in a laboratory environment required. Prefer experience in microbial lab work. Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
Any equivalent combination of related education and/or experience may be considered for the above.
• MS Office proficiency
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Ability to read, write and speak
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.