Purpose of the position
The microbiologist key responsibilities are to manage and conduct all tasks associated with microbiological laboratory and program. An integral part of this position is to assist the Quality Manager with implementation maintenance and executing the GFSI audit preparedness. While always supporting the company and plants vision and mission by assuring that all products meet regulatory, customer, and company specifications.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsibility 1 The Microbiologist is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the microbiological laboratory including management of incoming samples, outgoing data, and organization of the program, as well as associated root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Responsibility 2 The Microbiologist is responsible for assisting the QA Manager with verifying, reviewing, and trending QA, SSOP, SOP, HACCP, chemical, and microbiological documentation.
- Responsibility 3 The Microbiologist is responsible for maintaining USDA compliance on all activities and specifically the Environmental monitoring program that involves the Environmental Listeria program.
- Responsibility 4 The microbiologist is responsible for management of inventory and ordering of all laboratory supplies including receiving documentation to close out Purchase requisitions monthly.
- Responsibility 5 The microbiologist is responsible to work as support and serve as back up for the QA manager, QA Supervisor and QA Technicians when needed.
- Responsibility 6 The microbiologist is responsible for assuring the microbiological lab and all equipment is, cleaned/ decontaminated, and properly maintained (including calibration) for use.
- Responsibility 7 The microbiologist will be cross-trained to perform QA technician tasks: pre-operational and post-operational SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) and SSOP (Sanitation Standard Operating Procedure) inspections, HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) inspections, raw, in-process, and finish product testing (chemical and microbiological), product review of products against customer and company specifications and all other duties necessary to maintain DFS food safety and quality programs.
- Responsibility 8 The microbiologist will need to communicate and acts as a liaison with FDA, USDA, management, and plant employees. The microbiologist will perform other duties as required.
BS in Food Science or related field or equivalent experience.
Work Experience and Skills
- Microbiology experience 1-3 years
- GFSI Audit experience
- Regulatory experience - USDA
- Computer skills
- GFSI Audit experience
- Microbiological work exp. 1-3 years
- General Lab knowledge (environmental microbiological and chemical) 1-3 years
- Previous Quality or Food Manufacturing experience 1-3 years
- Good communication skills
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Regulatory experience - FDA
- GFSI - BRC
- ERP (GP) Experience
Diversified Foods & Seasonings, L.L.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome job applications from expert driven individuals without regards to race, color, religion, national origin or sex.