Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We#39;re proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Overall accountability for designing supply chain solution proposals to support revenue growth. Work with a cross-functional team to create compelling proposals for solutions that add value to the customers#39; supply chains and meet Americold#39;s financial guidelines. Utilize supply chain knowledge and analytical skills to conduct comprehensive supply chain analyses of customer#39;s businesses and company#39;s operations
1. Supply Chain Design: Serve as business matter expert for all of the design phase service offerings Americold provides for both SCS team members and other cross-functional teams.
a) Network Optimization: Model, analyze and compare various supply chain scenarios using supply chain optimization tools (Llamasoft, i2 Strategist). Work directly with strategic customers in analyzing their current network, identifying opportunities/needs and determine optimal site locations/inventory levels for facilities, facilty spend, ideal transportation lanes and shipping strategies, and drive total logistics cost out of their supply chain.
b) Transportation Optimization: Leader of team that is responsible for the pricing, tool development, detailed design and commercial strategy for Americold transportation program ($20mm). Service offerings include but are not limited to National Cross-Dock, Regional and Truckload Consolidation programs and MVC Pricing.
c) Internal Initiatives/Continuous Improvement: Develop business cases for internal initiatives/design activities using financial modeling techniques and network optimization to support client proposals and internal initiatives. Lead corrective action where appropriate.
d) Tool Development: Develop/maintain all transportation or network modeling analytical tools with an eye on improving efficiency, accuracy and flexibility of the current service offerings of the SCS team (Design templates, quarterly tariff updates, automation of model creation tools etc.)
2. Act as a liaison and work closely with Business Development, Operations, Design Engineering, IT, Transportation, Real Estate, and other departments at the corporate, regional and local level to coordinate and manage projects.
3. Develop and maintain mutually respectful and trusting relationships with internal and external customers. Employee must concentrate on always meeting or exceeding the customer#39;s expectations.
4. Employee will work directly with client to understand business requirements of the organization, project data requirements, and formulate strategies that will lead to customer efficiencies increasing, reduction in cost and ultimately drive revenue for the company.
5. Must operate with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Employee also must display the ability to drive multiple projects independently while interacting with internal business partners and Americold customers. Must have ability to manage resources and communicate progress accordingly to meet all project deadlines.
6. Support development of proposal and presentation materials to convey the organization#39;s capabilities, value-added services and unique approach to solving customer#39;s supply chain challenges. These can also include internal proposals, RFP assistance or Investment Memos development.
7. Responsible for adhering to the Proposal Development Process (PDP), including kick-off meetings, pricing reviews, supporting preparation of Investment Memos and presenting to Executive Management and customer executive/supply chain team.
8. Exhibit high degree of professionalism during meetings, presentations and negotiations internally and externally.
9. Proactively determine continuous improvement, productivity and cost-out opportunities within the Americold Supply Chain
10. Manage and develop a team of 1-2 Sr. Analysts and/or Analysts
11. Other duties as requested
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• A 7-12 years of work experience in a related field including:
• 5+ years in related role such as Network Optimization, Design, Transportation or Solutions Engineering
• 3+ years in logistics solution design in a 3PL environment and/or Supply Chain Consulting
• Bachelor#39;s degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, or related discipline
• Masters of Business Admin, Supply Chain / Logistics or Engineering preferred
• Experience in Supply Chain Optimization/Strategy preferred (JDA Strategist, Llamasoft SupplyChainGuru)
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• An excellent understanding of supply chain elements and associated costs.
• Analytical problem solving skills and ability to think creatively and strategically, such as when faced with imperfect data.
• Proven ability to communicate effectively to direct and motivate teams, while maintaining a persuasive and credible presentation style at all levels of the organization.
• Requires demonstrable success at creating persuasive proposals and presentations.
• Excellent project management skills and experience related to design, prioritization, management of teams, deadlines, tasks, etc.
• Team player approach with strong mentoring and management skills to maintain engaged associates.
• Strong operational knowledge and a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment of positively changing expectations and culture.
• Must demonstrate strong systems skills including MS Office Suite and email systems. Experience utilizing supply chain optimization tools and other quantitative modeling tools. Knowledge of project management and labor management tools a plus.
• Strong understanding of requirements to see RFPs to successful completion.
• Must have the ability to lead a team of 1-2 Sr. SCS or SCS Analysts
• Must be business savvy, possess financial acumen and demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment of positively changing expectations and culture
• Ability to travel 10-15% on average, peaks to 20-25%
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires travel by automobile and airplane up to 20% of the time
• Required to visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• Frequently carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the use of various electronic tools
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.