Manufacturing Blending Operator I - 2nd Shift
Job Description Revised March 2021
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers on dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
Responsible for the preparation, production and packaging of blend material. Provides assistance to the operator and fills in for basic operator duties as assigned. Maintain blend equipment and production area cleanliness. Must complete all applicable SOP and QA trainings.
- Box Room duties - tape boxes, insert foil/plastic liners, apply labels to boxes
- Label bags, Zip tie liners, Tape filled boxes, Palletize boxes
- Hand clean separators, air flows, heat sealers, conveyors, scales, metal detectors
- Clean drains Prepare cell for wash - cover electronics, remove scan gun, apply appropriate LOTO
- Able to identify status of equipment and cell
- Operate hand jack and power jack (certified)
- Inspection of raw material and /or fill IBC
- Gather tools and supplies from tool room for blends or wash
- Operate conveyor metal detector, includes HACCP metal checks
- Basic Sampling / Aseptic Sampling
- Scale Check
- Scan in blends to NOAX
- Manufacturing and Inspection Cell Release
- Discharge blenders out of separator (not at line speed)
- Seal foil and plastic liners
- Able to assist the operator with all blending, milling, packing tasks
- Identify ingredient name, lot number and item number
- Operate High Pressure washer and Foamer
- Read and understand sequence of steps on BPR Screen, blend and package a variety of amino acids, vitamins and minerals, including those which are allergenic.
- Responsible for following the procedures for the preparation of blends and final blend product.
- Proper cleaning, blending, packaging and material inspection per Standard Operating Procedures.
- Proper cleaning of manufacturing equipment and production floor.
- Assist with routine maintenance on manufacturing equipment as requested by the Operator.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Following and living Glanbia values: Showing Respect, Winning Together, Finding a Better Way, Performance Matters, and Customers Champion.
- Each employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act which are applicable to his/her own actions and conduct.
- Complies with all applicable food safety regulations and mandates
- Perform other duties as assigned
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee and the work environment characteristics are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.