Employment Type: Regular
Location: GRAND RAPIDS,MI
- Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
- Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada.
- BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
This is a Part Time Position
Responsible for merchandising fresh bakery products in local accounts/grocery stores to ensure adequate product availability on the shelf and on displays.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Maintain appropriate product levels in the bread aisle and display locations throughout the account
- Maintain clean and organized back-room inventory of product
- Meet customer service expectations through communication, problem resolution and follow-up with management
- Maintain a professional, team relationship with co-workers and customers
- Maintain merchandising standards while rotating products according to color codes
- Part-time positions average around 20 hours per week
- May have to operate a DOT regulated route truck
- Other duties as assigned
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work unsupervised
Education and Work History:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (Preferred)
- Ideal candidate will possess:
- 0-1 years of general work experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver#39;s license and safe driving record
- If applicable, must follow all DOT regulations and be able to pass a DOT Physical and DOT Road Test
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. overhead
- Must be able to push/pull a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Must be able to stack product according to sales center stacking procedures
- Must possess basic math
- Must be 18 years or older
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
- Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
- This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions.
- To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.